I used Turkey sausage in mine (to cut back on some of the fat) and instead of fresh Parmesan cheese, I bought a bag of Kraft grated Parmesan. Otherwise I did it the way it said (that is a first for me, since I usually do not follow a recipe) I actually MEASURED the ingredients and not just GUESSED. I will definitely be making more of this and also have to try some of my friend Linda's Breakfast casserole.

Yummy goodness............

I did a load of laundry yesterday, also... there will be another load by tomorrow. It is SOOO much easier to keep it up instead of waiting for it to pile up. AND the entry way looks pretty decent, since there is not clothes piled into the hamper. (my washer and dryer are in the little entry way into the apartment) NOW to get all the winter coats and boots put away...The kids boots will have to go, because they will not be able to wear them next year, but that will have to be done in secret, because they will get a little upset when I add then to the Goodwill bag.......
Jack worked third shift last night, so when we got up I sent him into the bedroom to sleep. I PRAY we do not get a phone call telling him not to go back tonight, that is what happened 3 weeks ago.... I PRAY that this will actually be a permanent thing (and so does he) It is tough right now even with the Temp agencies, because of the American Axle strike... Companies have no where to send their parts or have no parts to work with, so the jobs are just not out there. Our state is in such a mess anyways, since it is SOOO dependant on the auto industry. We need to get some new life into this state and a variety, That way when and if something decides to leave the state or even the country, we still have industry and JOBS......
My sister has been a manager for a local Subway for YEARS, and this week will be a new chapter in her life, one of the old owners is buying out hers and another store. So my sister will not only be a store manager, but she will be a district manager for both stores. She will get to give feedback and ideas and actually be heard, she will be able to hire the amount of workers needed to run the 2 stores and not expect someone to work a shift by themselves, when that is just not working. Her and her new boss already have some wonderful things in the works, including the possibility of DELIVERY, COFFEE, and other things that she has not talked about yet. Her store is already one of the best Subway's in the county, and people will drive out of their way to go to hers rather than one just around the corner from them. I am so excited for her. And hopefully I can be excited for myself, because her new boss has even given her the OK to hire, even family members. I could actually have a job, and she would work with me on the hours needed and still be able to get Brooke to and from school, appointments, and I would have 2 people to watch the kids (my mom and the land lady) That way their schedules could be worked around also... It will be so nice to be able to help with the finances and get out of the house for even a couple hours a day. With only having one car, if Jack gets to go back to this place on third shift, we will not have a vehicle problem, either. The Etsy shop has helped out some, but I can not be a vital contributor to the household on it alone.
I am going to get the kids and myself ready and go spend some time with my mom, we are going to go through my stuff that was in storage, and put the stuff I decide to keep in the basement, instead of the shed where the mice can get to it (and the bugs) then I will take the other stuff to Goodwill tomorrow along with the clothes I have here.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day...
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't............
5 comments:
Oh yeah! I love me some casseroles! I'll have to go check that recipe out. Cute little sweater...they always are.
Working in a Subway would be dangerous for me....I LOVE their sandwiches!!!
Good luck with the jobs...it is hard to get a decent job right now.
Hugs!
I'm gonna try the casserole sometime. Hope Jack gets to go back to work tonight and Hopefully something will happen with working for your sis... wow, that would help you guys out a lot. both working and making things better... Hugs!!
Paula Deen's recipes are the best. I haven't run across one yet that I haven't liked!
(back to lurking)
Looks yummy!
congrats to your sis....and God's will to you and Jack jobwise. So far, it looks pretty good. Not to mention a good lunch discount. Jeff's company makes parts for GM, so I all too well know the pain your state is in...all too well.
Sounds like a lot of good things going on in your life. I am so happy to hear that. Your baby set is beautiful as usual and that casserole looks wonderful!!! Its making me hungry.
Hugs
Post a Comment