

And this awesome little note.............
Thank you so very much my dear friend...................
I can not wait to get busy with them....I will be pulling out some yarn in a few (after I finish the booties) and I do believe I will get started on either a shawl or a baby blanket (decisions)
I will have this big Ole Smile on my face all day......I can not wait til she gets home from work, so that I can give her a call..........
Now on the kid front.........Brooke had her 4 yr check up yesterday....She is in the 75th percentile for her height and weight, and everything was good............EXCEPT her eyes, the child failed her eye exam.....she started out really well, then BAM she says she could not see....they said that her vision is like 20/80.....We do not thik she was just being uncooperative, so she has to go to the eye doctor, and of course there is not an eye doctor in our county that takes her insurance, so we have to go to Flint which is at least a 35 minute ride.........She will be going on the 28th, and hopefully if there is a problem it can be taken care of with glasses........When I asked her why she did not tell us she was having problems seeing, she informed me that she was not a big girl to go to the eye doctor.....I am thinking that if there is a problem, that maybe she did not realize that she is suppose to be able to see "better"........I guess she will just be like momma and daddy, we both had glasses by the time we started school.........Maybe this will also explain some of her problems with learning to write and such.........
Ok I am going to take this grin and hit post, and get those booties finished so that I can start a new project with my "Gift"
Hope everyone has a blessing filled day............
and
HAPPY SPRING .............
6 comments:
Wow, girlfriend! Awesome surprise gift! I have that set and have used it a lot. You'll love it.
Sorry to hear about little ones eyes but at least you've caught it early. I remember when I first got glasses...I had no idea that my eyesight had gotten that bad. I didn't realize until I put my new glasses on that I couldn't see. I think you're right....she just doesn't know that she should be seeing better. They'll get her all fixed up and then the learning problems might just be fixed too.
Hugs!
Wendy I couldn't be happier if I had received that gift myself. I am grinning as much as you I bet.
What a lovely gift. I am so happy for you.
WOW!!! What a surprise... she sure is a special lady to send something so nice to another very special lady!! I also got glasses at the same age, and was amazed at how much I could see!! I could see the deer in our fields and I couldn't see them before!!! She'll be off and running... but be careful... she might hide them in the tulips(that's what I did at first)
Hey Wendy....What can I say other than have a blast with those new needles... Now you can just knit anything. LOL I was in 4th grade when I realized that I couldn't see. I asked my teacher if I could move up front because I couldn't see the blackboard and she got in touch with my mom.......I have been wearing glassed ever since.
Many hugs
What a lovely and thoughtful gift. I am so happy for you. I know that you will get good use of them. I can't wait to see what you make.
What happened to the pair of socks you were making?
Did I miss something?
*hugs*
Scarlet
Post a Comment