
Kids say the darnedest things (and so do moms)..........
Yesterday it was a pretty lazy day here, I was SO tired that when I decided it was time for William to take a nap, I went to sleep too....(This was about 2:30) So when I finally woke up, I looked at the clock.......OH SHI*...as I flew out of the bed...It is 6:00p.m........What in the world am I going to fix for supper...everyone else is still asleep...I decided on Breakfast, I pulled out the sausage from the freezer and put it in a pan with some water, as it was cooking I hear William, he comes into the kitchen and I still have to decide what else I am fixing, I ask him if he wants pancakes, his reply is yes, and I hear Brooke yelling through the house that she wants pancakes too...So I pull out the frozen mini pancakes, fix some toast and scrambled eggs...and pulled out some grapes to go with it....

So being it was a late nap for all, I knew it would be a late night, no biggy, at least i was not tired anymore..
About 10:30 I notice that William wants to cuddle and go to sleep, so I take the kids in the bedroom, sure enough it did not take him long to fall asleep, Brooke though was being whiny, which was an off and on thing all day. I was getting so tired of the whining that I told her I was going to pull her tongue out and then she could not talk, and if she could not talk, she could not whine (some of the things that come out of my mouth sometimes..shaking head in confusion)
Her reply to me was that she would just go get the glue and glue her tongue back on and then she could talk.....Then she informs me (after pulling on her tongue) that I could not pull out her tongue because it was glued in her mouth.........
I have been working on my knitting, and really enjoying it, of course I have not been getting much done, since I am so new and so very slow,,,,But I do have 3 new projects done.......two cloths, one garter stitch and one grandmothers' favorite, and also a baby hat....It may not be done in the round, but hey I can at least say I made a hat....I did not do very well on the K1,P1 ribbing on the top, it actually was coming out as seed stitch, which looked nice, but the real problem started, when I finished it this morning and the kids kept interrupting, so it is a combination of seed stitch, and ribbing...Oh well...it was my first, and since it was the last part of the hat, I just finished it off, and said to myself that the next one will be better (I hope) On the grandmothers favorite cloth I had a couple of places along the increase area that did not turn out, but I let it go...It is so hard for my perfectionist self to "let it go" but I sit back and think to myself, I am learning and it will get better as I do it more.....




We had a great day on Saturday for the Easter egg hunt.....The kids had a great time, and filled their buckets...Thank God, they only had like 2 pieces of candy in each....There is another egg hunt here in our little town, on the 22nd, so as long as the weather is good we will take them to that one also...
Well I am off to try a pair of booties (knitted), we shall see how this goes.........Of course there will be pictures, later, if they turn out.....
Hope everyone has a blessed day..........
3 comments:
Yea!!! the knitting looks great!!! I"ll have to post my crochet stuff sometime!
Awwwww. those kids are so cute. Great job with the knitting
Nice Job Wendy...
Post a Comment