Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Afghans and Socks

I finished the Rectangle Granny Afghan last night...I am so very happy with it and I even have 2 skeins of the yarn, still, so that I can make another (maybe even to sell on Etsy)







I really love the Jo-Ann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle, it is so light weight and soft and not too terribly hard to work with (as long as I do some kind of Granny with it, because otherwise I can not see my stitches)






The afghan is for my sister for her birthday, that was January 22. I had started one for her, and ran out of yarn, so I ended up giving that to the land lord, for their granddaughter, because it was only child size. Then I started another one for her, but could not bring myself to finish it...I should have wanted to finish it for her, but I realized I had no interest, because it was not in blues (her favorite color) and was not the yarn I really wanted to use, so that afghan is sitting in a bag, some where in my bedroom, and maybe one day I will finish it and donate it.





After finishing the afghan I pulled out my Knit Picks Palette to start a pair of crocheted socks.. I am using the Rainforest Heather. So far I like the pattern, but that may change as I get further into them, we shall see.





Here I have been crocheting for 31 years, and this will be my first pair of socks...... I am so excited to make them and hopefully they will actually turn out AND fit. If they do not fit, I already have a candidate to send them to.





The kids have been pretty good. Last night after dinner, I again spent some time with them, no crocheting or computer. I think that may be the key to their moods, not enough of momma. They still have their nasty coughs, but no fever and sore throat. I on the other hand have woke up with a sore throat. I also need to get into the doctors as soon as I can, I have discovered a big Lump under my arm in the pit. It is so very sore and I am thinking (hoping) it may be a cyst, boil or clogged pore. It started out small months ago, when I had my last episode of infected tooth. It ended up draining, and even though I was on some pretty potent antibiotics for the tooth, it never went all the way away, then it got sore again, but again drained. Well this time it is huge and I can not get it to drain. It really makes it tough to put my arm down all the way, because it hurts, and don't try to lift the arm too far up, then it really hurts.





Everything is probably brought on by my bad teeth, and I can not wait to get them taken care of, then maybe I will not hurt so bad and my body will not rebel.



Well the kids are pestering to get some clothes on....Brooke is so persistent and will not shut up until she gets what she wants....We are working on the patience part, but of course she is a 4 yr old, and that is a waste of my breath, at the moment, one of these days it will kick in..........

Hope everyone has a blessed day..........

4 comments:

Katie O said...

Morning!! Glad you have been working on stuff! You finished the afghan, yea!!! FINALLY!!! YEA! Can't wait to see how the socks turn out!!

pinkangel said...

Wendy, I pray everything is ok with that lump..........It really does sound like a cyst...........Good thing you have your hook and needles or you would go bonkers........Crafting is such a stress reliever even when you find a mistake.
Love you

Scarlet said...

What a beautiful afghan. I am sure your sister is going to love it. I have never made sock either but have bought lots of sock yarn and a crochet sock pattern book. I hope to try those soon.

I have you in my prayers and hope that the lump turns out to be nothing but a simple cyst.
*hugs*

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy I love the Boucle yarn too, I made an afghan for close knit hugs from that one year, I crocheted a light and lacy pattern, and it was gorgeous and only took 3 skeins and maybe a pinch of a third, but could have been fine without it.

Also I get lumps under my arms too, the DR said they were infections so I think you might not be far off thinking your tooth has something to do with it, but still get it checked out.

Praying for you just the same.
{{{HUGS}}}