
Today I finished my first Teddy Bear. It is a jointed bear and the legs, arms and head move. Of course my joining technique is new and needs to be fine tuned, because the legs do not stay where I put them, unless I sit her down, but the arms stay in place just great.. I already have some more yarn out to make another....I want to put them on Etsy, but I am keeping my first...I named her Brooke (she was my first and so is the bear) I wanted to try to make her wings, but Brooke says no way...I thought I would still do so, but then maybe not. Maybe I can make her some that can be put on or taken off...and a little halo to boot.

Had my neice over night and until 4 today...It was a little nerve wrecking at times, she is so spoiled and pouts so much when she does not get her way...She will give a GRRr when you tell her to do something and she does not want to do it...It takes all my power sometimes to remember she is only 9 and still a child, but then again she is old enough that she should not have to be told 20 times to do something (without having to scream at her) She of course probably went home and told her mom that I yelled at her all the time, and that I would not let her have a snack (M&M's) or that I don't make my kids do something, but make her....I have heard it all before and my sister usually believes her...I'll never forget the time she sent snacks for Rachel, because she had told her mom I would not let her have a snack, and when I got the snacks out for all the kids, Rachel threw a fit, because they were HERS.....I took the cracker from William threw it away, and put the snacks up, and would not let her even have one....She is very stingy and that really drives me crazy....she thinks that if her mom buys something, then it is hers and no one else can have any and will get all snotty if they do. Of course they all make excuses for her (like it is alright) because she hates to go see her dad and he is such a jerk, and this is his weekend, so she gets all snotty and such when it gets close to her going to his house...One of these days it will slap all of them right in the face, including Rachel.....and I will just sit back and say to myself "You asked for it"

As usual after she left, my 2 kids were all wound up and about to drive me crazy....I so needed a break....Brooke fought tooth and nail, about going to sleep..."I'm not tired" "It is still wakin up time" and sure enough when she finally laid down she was out in a second. William took a little longer, but at least he was not over tired...Just did not want to miss anything....
I am hoping that we do not get the nasty weather they are calling for on Sunday, because Katie is suppose to come over for the day, and I want her to be able to come. But if they are calling for yucky stuff, I will ask her to please not come...It is not worth endangering herself..... (even though I really want to see her)
I don't have many friends that I can actually see, so it is nice when I get to visit in person...
Well I am going to get to making another bear, Then I think I will make another purse....
Hope you all are having a blessed day.........
5 comments:
What an adorable bear. I think wings would be too cute. Glad you finally got the kids to bed and have some down time for yourself.
Praying the weather holds out for you so you can visit with your friend. Have a great weekend.
Hugs and love,
Scarlet
The bear is so cute. I think you did an awesome job. I agree you should have one with wings and a halo. It would be sweet.
Good luck with the weather...you know we'll always take any snow you don't want. :)
Hugs!
That is a cute bear!! I have a nephew that is kind of spoiled and he drives me crazy when his parents are around but has learned he doesn't get away with much with me. It was tough at first but now he gets it which is good. :) I don't have kids though so it will be different when he effects them.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and letting me know that my prizes were ok. :) I was worried for a bit about them but thank you.
I hope your foot gets better too. I am able to walk much more but when I do it gets a little swollen but I've been so restless that I'm just sucking it up. :)
Hope you have a great weekend and the weather is good!!
Gnat
I love the Brooke Bear, I have not crocheted a jointed animal yet... sounds challenging. LOL
Oh I know all about spoiled nieces and nephews, lol.
Then again my kids were probably not much better, they know exactly what to say and to whom to get things all heated up. My youngest was being home schooled my by mom one year, long story, but he would tell his dad when he came home from work that Grandma wouldn't feed him anything all day long. My husband, believed him, boy did those lies stir up an argument really fast.
So precious!!
Post a Comment