Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, February 11, 2008

"City Lights" & PIF




I did start another Ribbon Purse, this one is "City Lights", and it would be on Etsy, BUT, I ran out of the color, before I could finish the last row, so one handle has half of a second row of single crochet, while the other handle has only one row of single crochet. Being that this one is bigger than the first, it really needs another row on the handles to make them a little thicker and sturdier. So it is on hold until I get another ball to finish it...It will be lined with the golden Yellow material (infact I could do that now) Isn't it so bright... I really like the variation of colors on this one. It has green, blue, black, orange and yellow....


I also joined an afghan yesterday, I was in shock that I put a whole afghan together in a matter of hours. It is for Angels N Camoflauge.. I had Diane send me a couple of afghans to help her join, for the veterans. So I have one done and one to go....I have not taken any pics of it yet, It was in the wee hours of the morning that I finished it, so I will have to get pictures today.


I did not even open the door yesterday, I refused to. I knew it was cold and I did not have to feel it to believe it....I left well enough alone....It did not get too bad in the house, until it was bedtime...Then it got chilly and I had to give in and put on the space heater.... (when I finished the afghan and it was no longer in my lap, then I felt how chilly it had gotten)
I can also show you what Scarlet's Pay It Forward gift looks like now, since she received it. I made her a soap sack, face cloth, and 2 kitchen sponges. She likes green, so I made sure to make them with her favorite color....I chose to only accent the face cloth and soap sack with green, I thought they looked so much fancier in white. Now I have one more PIF to do and get out, I still have until December, but I do not want to wait that long. It is too much fun to do it and wait for the person to get it and Pray they like what you sent....I only had 2 people respond to my PIF, so I am thinking that I may choose one more person on my own and surprise them with a special gift....(I just have to decide who) I may have to place some names in a hat and have Brooke draw a name, because it will be too hard for me to pick just one person.

My little Weather Pixie says it is 1 outside today....And of course I have to go out today. Have stuff that has to be taken care of....At least the winds have dies down, so it will not feel like it is -20, like yesterday.


I hope everyone is staying safe and warm (pray for those in the south east, that are fighting fires)


Have a Blessed Day...............

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy I love Scarlets pay it Forward gift, that came out very beautiful.

Katie O said...

I'm so glad I'm still in Texas... 70 here today!!!

Scarlet@kfu.com said...

Another beautiful bag. Stay warm honey.

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Oh man that big is great!!! Love the colors!!!