Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Baby it's cold INSIDE"


This is going to be a quick post, for now. So that I can go get back under the blankie on the couch with my little man....


Woke up this morning and it is only 62 degrees in here.... I don't know what's up with that, but I will tell ya that I have BOTH space heaters going....with not the slightest bit of guilt.


I did get a picture of the afghan for a veteran at Angels N Camoflauge, in Ohio. When I first started it I thought "Oh Cool" a whole red, white and blue afghan, but there was some other colors in there also....If I had been a little more motivated (and not just trying to stay warm) I would have made some R,W & B squares to take the odd balls places. I think it still looks really nice. And I am sure that some veteran will love it (especially if they are cold like myself) But I know that I could be even colder if I was homeless like so many of our veterans are. It sure is a shame that someone who put their life on the line for our freedom is homeless. So many people forget that in our country there are people that are homeless and living on the streets, there are whole families living in shelters or out of their vehicles...There are children that go hungry on a daily basis. So many people have the misconception that if you are homeless in this country that it is your own fault and that you must be a drunk or on drugs. Wake up people....There are BABIES out there, how could it be their fault............This country needs to start looking out it's own back door and take care of it's own instead of always "across the street" Ok I had better get off that subject.....
We did manage to get our taxes done yesterday, and we are quite pleased at the results. So there will be a little relief in sight for a little while, at least..........
So I am going to hit POST on this and go warm up with the munchkins.........
Have a blessed day ................

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Amen!!!

You did a great job.

I am glad your taxes will help for a bit.

It's mighty cold in my house too, what is up with that???

Scarlet said...

What a beautiful afghan. Some vet will be proud to use that to keep um warm.

*hugs*

Natalie Rush said...

Thank you. I'm alive and doing better. I'm actually back at work today and hoping to get a post up sometime. I had the worst migraine monday which did not help me recover so finally I was able to get to work today.

Sounds like your pretty cold...It's raining here so that means it might get a little chillier soon. But it is florida so it's not going to be cold.

The picture of the afghan is great. :)

Lil Knitter said...

Well said! I so agree with you on that!

Awesome afghan!

Hope you and the munchkins are staying warm.
Hugs!