Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, February 9, 2008

"Incredible"

I found some stash I had forgotten all about. I was cleaning up my room and gathering my wandering balls of cotton to put in a tote, and found a bag of "Incredible" ribbon yarn by Lion Brand...So with always wanting a change and being creative I pulled it out and thought about what I wanted to make with it...Most make scarves out of it, but I feel it is getting a little late in the season for them, so I decided to make a bag....

It took about 2 hours to make and that was with several breaks to do the normal mommy stuff.
Like lunch, drinks, my coffee break, potty breaks and breaking up fights.

I really like it, but I think I will make the next a little bigger. I was not sure how much yarn it would take, so now that I know, I can work from there. Then I could not decide if I should line it and finding that it has a little stretch to it, thought that I should. That meant I had to hunt down my material and pray I had something to go with it.




So the bag is done, lined and on Etsy now.....

Now to decide if I want to make another now, or go onto something else (like maybe finish the doily I have started) Or a bigger Plastic Bag Tote...


Tomorrow is going to be terrible here, they are calling for wind chills in the minus 20's...So I think I will be curled up on the couch with something warm to crochet, maybe put together an afghan.....Or maybe I will venture in the kitchen and do some baking....Either way I know it is going to be cold in here and will find some way to keep warm.

Hope everyone is having a blessed day........

Hug the ones you love (and tell them you love them)

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy that bag is similar to the pink one I made with ribbon tarn a couple weeks ago. Aren't they fun? I didn't line mine, I gave all my material to our children's church years ago, I think when we moved buildings it never came with us, bummer too, i sure could use that stuff now. Oh well. the bag looks great though, I love the lining a lot

Natalie Rush said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and joining my contest. You never know where you'll meet someone. :) I think it's great you found yours in an online chat room. I always wondered about that.

Have a great weekend.

Scarlet said...

Beautiful work Wendy, as usual. I might have to have this one too. I am thinking about it. :LOL

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Your bag is lovely. Someone will snatch that up in a hurry.