Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's been going on

Well I finally have a chance to sit here and do some blogging....Been busy. Took the tree down on New Years Eve day...Wanted to have some room to move around, especially since I watched my niece, so I had an extra body to accommodate. Had to clean on u New Years Day after our 13 inches of snow, and then also go to my parents and clean up their place, since they had left at 7a.m. to come home from Maryland. Then Brooke went back to school on the 3rd.







I have started an afghan for my sister for her 42nd birthday on January 22. I have also kept my promise to myself and been working on my knitting...I am in a yahoo group that does CAL's and KAL's.. I have been doing the CAL's, and now the KAL, since it makes for good practice....Once I get a little more efficient with the basics, I will go on to learning a little more so that eventually I can make almost anything I want...






I finished a second Well Traveled bag. This one was done in a solid color, and it felted differently. It did not shrink down as much, and it so nice and fuzzy...I really like this one also...


I am hoping that someone else likes them well enough to buy them...Then I can have some money to buy some more supplies and also have some postage money to send out my charity crafting donations.





I printed out some cloth patterns to try, when I am done with this KAL....I picked out a frog, and a Pooh (wish I could find a Tigger) I have the green cotton for the frog, but do not have anything I think would work for Pooh...Unless I make him in bright Orange...I was hoping I had some Tan....There are a lot more patterns that I will eventually try, Like the Single Rose that is on Mel's blog (Lil knitter) But of course I have no solid red at the moment to do it in. So I will wait to try some of them out, when I have the colors that would go good with them.





I found some red and white cotton in my tote, that I will crochet some cloths with, for the DVS, for my February donations...Will be nice for Valentines day...





Not much being heard about anything of great importance...We still have yet to receive the money for the rent...and Have not heard about any work...So we now have to pray they call this week, or decide what our game plan is and where would be the best state for Jack to go to find work, and that we would eventually move to.... With not getting the money yet, it will be hard to think on it, because where ever he ends up, will be dependant on how much we have for him to live off of, until a pay check comes in....If we pick the Tennessee area, he could probably end up staying with his sister, which would help....So far we are thinking on, Wyoming, Tennessee, Indiana, and Pennsylvania ( I don't know why he came up with PA)



Well here it is almost 1 a.m. and my little lady is still awake...I will shoot her daddy for letting her fall asleep in his arms at 6:00...She can not have any naps, because then she will not go to bed at night...


Hoping that everyone has had a wonderful start, to hopefully a great Year...........

4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

That afghan is looking beautiful and the bag turned out so good. I like that color.
Just a little inside info for ya...there is a tigger in the works..ssshhhh
I saw on Ravelry where someone did the Rose cloth in a pale purple and it was so beautiful...choose whatever color you like and I'm sure it will be fine. I would never have thought to use purple but it's so pretty.
Hope everything works out okay for you.
Hugs!

Scarlet said...

Wendy your purse came out beautiful!! I also love the color and stitch of the afghan that you are making for your sister's birthday. Can you share the afghan pattern with me or it is copyrighted?
You are a very talented lady.

*hugs*
Scarlet

Anonymous said...

I too would like that birthday afghan pattern if you can. It is beautiful and your second purse looks so soft and very professional. I see you like the clover hooks. Those are sis's favorite.

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy I have been considering the single rose pattern too, in fact I looked at it again just this morning on Melanie's blog when I was there.

You know PA is only about 3 hours from me. Just a thought. Still praying for you.

Is that afghan pattern the diagonal block crochet stitch? I love doing that one. At first I couldn't get the concept down but once I did it was a breeze.