Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What a way to get this news

I just can not believe how Jack's sister answered our question about moving in with her....In an email.........I am just in shock that she could not be FAMILY enough to tell us in person....Needless to say her P.S. means nothing at this time to either of us, because of the way she went about telling us, not the answer, but the means.....

Jack & Wendy,
I know you guys are having it really hard right now. But, because of money here right now and not really having the room for 4 people in our small basement(the basement is set up as an apartment) I cannot let you stay here. I am so behind on my bills, and we can't afford for the utilities to double (we would put $500 worth of food in the house a month) Plus, I need quiet when I get home from work. I cannot handle the noise of kids every day. I can't enjoy my grand daughter coming over except for a short time. I know I said I would not let you be homeless but with all the thinking I have done about it, I would not be able to do it.My nerves would be shot and I would have to be put back on my meds.You guys need to talk to churches, talk to your landlord maybe you can work it off, (excuse me but we have talked until we are blue in the face) maybe talk to Diane. I don't know what to say and Bob did not have anything to do with my decision. Please don't call me cause I have the worst headache now and I'm going to lay down, this has made me so sick. I Love U guys and I don't like seeing this happen to you. Please find a job and any job soon.
Your sister Michelle
P.S. Please don't be mad at me!!!!

Am I acting irrationally by being hot under the collar for the way she answered our PLEA.....
My answer is no, but then again I have been known to blow things out of proportion, at times.....
She does not have to worry about me calling....I have nothing to say to her, because it would not be very nice at the moment.....

We are still in the apartment and we are still praying our hearts out that something will come about.....We are trying everything in our power to come through this situation.....And I guess that is all we can do....It is out of our hands right now........

I still have not been able to see what anyone else's EGG's have become when hatched, I have heard a few say theirs is an Eagle...better than Mt. Rushmore........

Well I need to get back to my crocheting, I will not be done with my sisters afghan by Monday (when we are celebrating her Birthday) But at least I can try to get as much done as possible, to show her what she will have, once it is done.....

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day...

Hug the ones you love, and pray for those you don't............

5 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Wendy, I have to agree that she could have went about telling you in a better way. At least call and say "No, I'm sorry. I just can't."
Try to keep you chin up and your hopes. It will work out somehow.

I also wanted to let you know that the snow is arriving as I type. YAY!
My kids really appreciate you sending it our way. They haven't seen pure snow in years!

Hugs!

Scarlet@kfu.com said...

I am so sorry that your sister can not help you at this time. keep praying, Jehovah will take care of you. Something good is bound to happen.

HUGS and Love,
Scarlet

Anonymous said...

Sisters are wonderful people I could not live without Scarlet in my life. I am sorry that you are mad at yours and hope it does not last long. I know you are angry but I think she was just trying to be honest and because she is your sister she just could not face you. At least she made some effort to let you know that she was not ignoring you. Give her a hug, you both need one.

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
You probably won't like what I'm going to say but...

I agree with ghost. Telling someone you love that you can not help them is one of the hardest things to do. If your sister would let you move in and her health would be damaged, is there something you could do for her? I understand what she's talking about. I use to work as an intake worker for a suicide & crisis center and the first thing we had to learn to do is to define our boundaries.It takes a lot for some of us to just say "no". And I bet your sister watched Dr Phil today.

I have been in your situation before and have ended up working 3 jobs at once while my husband worked. We had just enough for the rent and none for food. NO social agency would give us anything for food and we had my 14 year old son with us. We had to give all luxuries up (car, cable, internet, everything)

God saw how hard we were working and he saw we were doing our part and ends were met. Somehow, food found, and prayers were answered.

He provided a much better place to live with everything and more than we could have ever dreamed of. We learned so much by going through that and we had no help from any family. God is good even when we mess up.

We will keep you in our prayers.

pinkangel said...

Annon has a wonderful praise report. Wendy I know you can't see it now but it will come and only God knows how...I too would have been really upset because in your need she said 'I will help' and you were counting on that. She changed her mind and left you devastated. Sweetie, You have met many wonderful gals through your Internet and they are all praying for you and your family, me included. God will hear those prayers and bring you though this. I believe that He wants you in His word and leaning on Him.

You are such a giver with a big caring heart and I believe you will use this gift that you have been blessed with in a way that God will show you.
This is what faith is all about.

Try to keep your eyes upward and pray for those who hurt you. You will be amazed at what God will do.

Much love