Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oh Boy.........

Oh Boy, just got an email from the local news station pertaining to the weather...We are under a Wind Chill Advisory from tonight until tomorrow morning....What they are saying is that with the COLD temps and the winds going to get stronger the temps will feel like 15 degrees below zero or lower....I guess I know what I will be doing sometime this evening, I will be digging out all my blankets and putting them over the windows...





Being in this old farm house the wind just whistles through them old windows, and there is only blinds and sheers on them. So I will have to improvise to try to take care of the situation. I will have to throw another blankie on the bed too....Better yet, I will pull out the flannel sheets today and put them on the bed.





Did not work on my knitting yesterday, Instead I made another "cuddle" (pet blanket) and balled up some more scraps of yarn, and just plain did not much of anything....I try to keep busy so the brain does not wander, but with not having any money for postage, to mail all the stuff I keep making, I then lose interest and do not want the stuff to keep piling up and take up room or worse yet something else I have to move.......I am going to talk to my sister and see if she will be my postage donater, that way I can continue to help those in need AND be able to mail it where it needs to go........





Have not been taking too many pictures lately. I do have a couple of the cuddles I just made.





It is terrible to start to lose interest in all you love, because your life is turned so upside down, that you do not know which way is up or which direction you are going in......








My father took it upon himself, yesterday, to take all of our stuff out of storage and move it into his basement and garage. I do not know what he was thinking, since we will probably be moving back in there, and will need the room, and will need storage for all of our stuff. So now we have even more to have to think about moving, again, when it was in a good spot already.




A little funny here, at least I am looking at it that way, because I don't know how else to take it. We have filed bankruptcy, and the creditor for the furniture has decided that we have to reaffirm the loan or surrender the furniture. Ok now there is no money so how can we reaffirm, so the only other option is to surrender it, mind you one of the couches is no longer here, we gave it to our nephew who was without furniture and then the other couch and chair are here. Now we will be without furniture and so will our nephew. I am looking at it as it is less we have to move....Jack is looking at it as to now he will not have a bed (he sleeps on the couch, since the kids have no beds, and sleep with me) I am not going to let it bother me, we will just have to figure out how to get a new air pump for the air mattress and that can be our seating and his bed.







If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.





Hope everyone is having a blessing filled day.......I am looking at 2 of my blessings, they are sitting on the couch watching "Bunny Town"







Dream a little Dream..........

3 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Wendy - I'm so with you. It's more stuff you don't have to move or to pay to store, or will leave room for more stuff to stay out of storage. Darlin' it's called fiber THERAPY. Crochet what you what for whomever you want. You'll get it somewhere someday. Know what I mean??? It's not a job, it's therapy. Make sense?

BTW - I read your comment on KTO's post, and I believe it is butt-assed cold....but that's just my opinion.

So your newscasters are worried about -15. Ya wimps (said with an evil grin, filled with love of course) We are supposed to have a low tonight of -17. I forgot what the heck the wind chill is supposed to be. I'm looking forward to watching the giants/green bay game tomorrow. They are gonna be some cold boys (butt ass cold, maybe???)

Okay, I'm too punchy for public viewing again.

Love ya
Shel

Anonymous said...

I am sure your dad was thinking he was saving you storage fees when he moved your stuff. Jehovah is with you, don't give up hope.

Katie O said...

My egg hatched too... it was an eagle... i think I'm gonna go get another one!! Hee hee... and butt assed cold definitely sounds right... I think I will just stay inside today!