Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm Done.........


Just had to post and show a picture of my first ever finished knitted project.....I hope you can tell what it is....The funny part is that it calls for size 7 needles, well since I lost one of my size 7 needles, I opted to use a 6, besides being so new at it, I work really lose, But it still turned out big, I can just imagine if I would have used an 8, instead....I'm so proud of myself that It is done...Now if I can get it done it a much shorter time frame....
Hey leave me a comment if you think you know what it is......I will let you all know in another post.....what it is suppose to be.....
It is darn right COLD here today.....Little Miss wants to go out and play in the snow. I told her NO it is too cold...She informs me that it is not if she puts on her coat, Honey it is just too cold even with your coat, I can wear my snow pants and my hat and scarf and mittens....SORRY we are NOT going outside.....She is not very happy with me right now, but she will get over it...
Hope everyone is staying nice and warm and having a wonderful last day to the weekend.........

9 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

I know what it is! lol
I think it turned out really pretty.
I did mine on size 6's and it wasn't all that big but I do knit really really tight.
Hugs!

Kathleen said...

I think know what it is - are we supposed to say? If not, let me tell you about Sister Rose, my high school chorus teacher! If the habits were yellow, instead of blue, I might have said she came from Texas! hahahahaha

Wendy said...

Yes Kathleen you can say....I just love the little "story"........At least I know that someone else knows what it is...I of course made it, so I knew, but wanted a little verification that someone else could recognize it...

Aunt Kathy said...

The Rose Family

The rose is a rose,
And was always a rose.
But the theory now goes
That the apple's a rose,
And the pear is, and so's
The plum, I suppose.
The dear only knows
What will next prove a rose.
You, of course, are a rose -
But were always a rose.

Robert Frost

It looks great wendy

SimplyMe said...

Beautiful rose wendy!

The beautiful thing with dishcloth cotton, it'll shrink it to a smaller size. Gotta love hot dryers!!!

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful rose! Great job! I love making those cloths with the pictures in them.

Anonymous said...

Very nice work.

Anonymous said...

I am making guesses about what the eggs contain. I think yours has a fish in it.

pinkangel said...

Of course, it is a rose and a very pretty one too. Your first knitted project looks sooo good. You may be very proud of yourself because we are.
Your Loves family