Momma's little cowboy"Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be cowboy's" That is what comes to mind when I look at my little man in his cowboy hat....He is just to handsome, and he better not break any girls hearts when he gets older or he will have to deal with his momma.....
The Pacifier Fairy came to the house last night....I just decided that it was time and neither one needed them anymore...It is causing big problems with Brooke's progress in her speech and little man's speech is pretty much non existent..So bye bye Paci's...She did leave the kids some money under their pillow's (thanks to my sister) So when we went out today to get some milk and bread they got to buy something to take the place of the paci's...
We went straight to the toys and William had quite a collection of goodies, a bag with baby bottles and such, 2 Monster cars, and then he saw the cowboy hat..He put it right on his head and did not take it off..We compromised and he did put the other stuff back (finally) Brooke still was having trouble finding what she wanted in the $6 range. Then she saw the Play dough..She got a little kit that had 6 colors and some cutters for herself, and since Williams hat was only $4 he got a pack of 4 tubs for $1.72..plus his Made in the US cowboy hat. Brooke could not get us out of the store fast enough so that she could get home and play...
Momma's little artist at workJack was my biggest obstacle with getting rid of the Paci's, so he had no idea that I decided it was time...But he agreed...Yes I did say that...He FINALLY agreed they did not need them anymore..We both still had doubts about how the night would go when it was bedtime and no paci's to go to sleep with...Well all fears are now GONE...Brooke laid done with her bunny cuddle and stuffed bear and went right to sleep...William is having a bit of a problem, but he is not crying, he just don't know what to do without the paci holder cord to run his fingers along...He don't want his bear cuddly, because it is missing something, but don't no one else try to touch it...
I have been working on the cotton granny squares, still. I have 80 done and will need (from my estimates) 126 per blanket... As long as the cotton scraps hold out and I manage to accumulate more scraps, I will be able to continue to do them, through out the year, and my goal is for the blankets to be done for Brooke and William for Christmas....They will be big enough for them to get many years of use out of them....
William is coming down with something, because for the second time today, he is running a fever of 101.2...So I will again give him some Motrin, and pray that it does not go up anymore through the night (which with him it usually does) So he is only wearing his diaper and a t-shirt, to keep it from doing so (I hope)
Well I guess I have been rambling on enough...I hope everyone is finding their blessing in something in their life...
7 comments:
Good job with the paci's...I think you did a good thing. I sure hope that little feels better soon. There's so much going around these days, seems somebody is sick all the time.
Love those photos...that's the cutest cowboy ever!
Hugs!
The kids are so adorable. I think they will both be movie stars! I think that your ghans of cotton grannys are going too be beautiful. I love all the different colors. Smart of you to start thinking about Xmas gifts for next year already.
*HUGS*
Wendy, I just wanted to pop on and tell you that...
YOU MAKE MY DAY and I told you so on my blog today
As I told you in the mail cute photos.
Wendy I am back... I was in such a rush this morning, fumbling trying to blog and publishing it 3 times before I was ready, that I just hurried and commented on everyones blogs. I LOVE the cowboy hat. it really goes well with the spider man shirt, LOL.
Your kids are beautiful and I know they bring much joy to your life.
Hey sweetie, I remember when you started your blog. You said "I think I will start a blog", I haven't missed a post and if you keep it up you will have a wonderful memoir that your precious children can keep forever. Guess that means publishing it..LOL
I love when you post about your kids. It is so much fun seeing them grow up before our eyes. They have really blessed your life.
And the cowboy hat...well what can I say...he is adorable and I love the pix of Brooke's smile. Tell that stubborn young'un to do it more often.
A bunch of "hugs" to you all.
HEY you won my contest! Come see! :)
Post a Comment