
It has been quite a year....Let's see if I can remember most of what went on this year...
Jack got laid off from work....We found a place to rent and moved out of my parents basement. William started walking (finally) and Brooke turned 3. Our great niece Breanna turned 1. And my brothers boys both had birthday's, Jacob turned 2 and Caleb turned 1. We got Patches so Bubba would have a play mate, because the poor cat had never been by himself and was driving us crazy.
Our good friends adopted a daughter from China, Isabelle is her name. I started crafting for charity and came out of my deep depression, With Jack not working, even though he was getting unemployment, times were hard and he was driving me crazy with being around all the time..
My parents finally went on their dream vacation to Alaska, by way of a cruise. Jack and I made it to our 6 year wedding anniversary, and we are both still living, and even though it is not good at times, we still love each other and I do believe will be able to make it through anything.
We took a trip to Tennessee and saw Jacks half sister and her family. Found out we had another "great" addition to the family...So let's see that makes 5 great nieces and 2 great nephews. (boy that makes me feel really old just saying it) Pretty funny when most of them are older than my own children..On this trip William was finally dedicated to Christ.
We ran out of unemployment and Jack got a job, but due to his eyesight and needing new glasses, he lost that job...
We came close to being homeless, and I think came close to breaking up...more than once...
Brooke started Head Start, and has improved tremendously with her speech.
I planted a garden and tried my hand at canning, and spent some time picking various berry's and making jam and jelly with them.
William turned 2, and is getting so big, he is almost as big as his sister....
Both of the kids have been such a joy in my life and have kept me going through everything....They are the best thing that God has ever blessed me with...
I have also been so blessed with so many new found friends via the Internet and my groups...They have renewed my faith in people...They have showed me such generosity, caring, and support....
There is so much more that I could tell of our year, but I think I have hit the highlights and some of the low lights.....
I feel so bad because I use to keep a journal for both kids with all their milestones and other stuff, and I have not written in those journal's all year....I have stuff jotted down to add to them like Williams teeth, walking, and such, so I guess before the Year is actually over I had better pull them out and get to writing...They will be given to them when They are much older and can look through them and either laugh, or cry or get mad at me for putting whatever on paper...I also did them "baby" journals, that I would write in from the time I found out I was pregnant with each...I kept track of all my thoughts and the doctor's visits, and when I first felt them move or the first time I heard their heartbeats....That will also be given to them and at least I did keep them up...and they are put aside for the future....(once in a while I still g through them and remember)
Well I hope that everyone has a very Blessed New Year and please be safe in your celebrations. We being the old married couple with little ones will be staying home and bringing in the New Year nice and quietly...
2 comments:
I'm with you Wendy, a nice quiet at home new Year here too. And my kids are grown, LOL
It has been an event filled year. I hope the new one is filled with only good events.
Post a Comment