I decided to try Felting, and found a pattern, Well Traveled Bag ( http://wildyarn.blogspot.com/2005/10/well-traveled-bag.html ) It so easy and I loved the colors I had of wool... The felting took 3 cycles in the washer, to come to my satisfaction....Now to decide what to do with this...I should keep it for myself, but after it being so easy I can always make another (once I get some more Wool) I could gift it to someone special, or I could try to sell it....Hmm decisions....
BEFORE FELTING
AFTER FELTING
It is amazing how the crocheted project goes from flimsy & loose, to heavy, sturdy and firm......
Yes I have to make some more, and yes I have to satisfy my felting addiction.....I am getting ready to make another, I have some Grey wool with specks of blue in it, that I am going to use...It will not be colorful, but will probably be just as wonderful......and a little more sensible....
I also have a pattern for a little wallet type purse, that I will have to give a try and maybe make to match the bags....
I did improvise a little, I do not have Leather, so instead of leather and grommets for the strap, I made a crocheted tubular strap, and will attach the handle like it is done for the Booga Bag.
On the Christmas note....(almost forgot due to my new addiction) We had a wonderful Christmas we sent most of the day at home and then around 2 went to my parents, and I fixed dinner for my sister, niece and the 4 of us...We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, Lima beans, green beans, rolls and gravy...We all decided we wanted to be different, and that is the meal we came up with.......It was a wonderful day, and we were so very blessed by many......
Well I hope everyone had a blessing filled Christmas..and Hopefully I will be back before the New Year...
Hug the ones you love............
5 comments:
I would love to do a felted bag too...just haven't had the time to work on that yet. I love those colors! It's so bright and pretty.
You did a great job on it.
Hugs!
God has really blessed you with a talent that you can use to glorify Him..............The bag ia super and I bet the shelters could use something like this.
More hugs Diane
I love this bag! Such happy colors that are sure to make you smile every time you look at it.
And thanks for the link to the pattern. I've done a felted knitted bag, but not crochet, and of course now that I see yours I just have to do it - LOL! :)
God bless you.
Faboo job on the bag--I love the colors. I checked out your egg link, and I am way beyond curious to see what hatches from the egg I picked.
Hugs to you and the babies.
Your friend,
Nancy :)
Great job on your felted bag. I made one too last year and it turned out great. I gave it to sis.
Post a Comment