Wyoming..........what are your thoughts of this state??? I have not really had any thoughts of this state, for one it is out west (not where I want to go) and it can get even colder than here in Michigan (or at least more snow)
The reason I ask this is Jack has wanted to move to Cheyenne, Wyoming since he was there last year. He really only drove through there, so he knows nothing of it, but has an obsession with it since then.
The move has come up again today. And my father did not help any when he told us that His cousins sons moved there a couple months ago, and found work and was working with in days. I guess there is all kinds of work there and not enough workers, especially in the building trades. So not only does Jack want to move there, but has talked my brother into checking out the prospects. Especially since he is in building trades already.
I just can not see myself moving that far, I thought maybe Knoxville, Tennessee; or maybe Missouri area, but not out west.....But the more I think about it, the more I realize that I need to do some investigating into this state and the job market, schools, housing, etc. Because at the moment we do not really have many choices. I do know that we will not be here in this state for very much longer. For one there is no jobs that I am qualified for in our area, and Jack is having no luck finding work also. It is pretty bad that not even the local retailers are hiring or at least not hiring us. I use to work in retail, so I can not figure it out. We are actually not even in a position to move. How can you move with no money. Sure Jack could check and get a job, but he would still need to have a place to stay and money to eat, until he got some pay. but still where would the kids and I be until he was able to get us a home and send for us. I have no idea if my father would help us. I do not even know if he is in the position to help us.
So I will be spending a lot of time in the next few days checking out the Wyoming area, and we will go from there....We really have no other choice, as I see it.
4 comments:
well i would hate to see you go. But a move can always be changed. That's what I tell myself each time I move to a new part of the country... if I hate it, i can always move. Maybe you need a change for a year or two to get back on your feet. Or maybe something will work out in MI before that... I will pray for you and your family... god will lead you to the right choice...
That is where I live Wendy...Cheyenne, WY. Ask away, I will answer any questions that you have. Right off, I can tell you that there are more jobs than workers here. Do you want me to send you a newspaper so that you can check it out?
Let me know what you need and how I can help.
Christine
I'm an East coaster, so know nothing of Wyoming. However, two of my high school friends (we graduated 30 years ago!) moved West after living most of their lives on the East coast and have no regrets.
I'll say a few prayers for you.
The Internet makes for a small world. If you got a connection then we won't lose touch. I have no opinion of the state because I don't know much about it.
Post a Comment