Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Holiday Blah's

OH MY, I JUST REALIZED THIS IS MY 100th POST...........DARN CAN NOT EVEN HAVE A CONTEST. HAVE LOTS TO GIVE, BUT NO WAY TO GET IT TO ANYONE.......OH WELL, I WILL JUST SIT HERE AND REVEL IN THE "100" POST GLEE.......................
I have started getting the holiday blah's...There will be no Christmas giving this year. My babies will be lucky to get more than 1 thing from us. I had wanted to get them beds for Christmas, with the bedding, and a special night light, but that is out. (or maybe not) I entered a contest sponsored by Art Van furniture and Channel 7 news. Write an essay of 300 or less words on why a room full of furniture is wanted/needed because of hard times, or you can write about someone you know who should get it. Well I wrote about myself. I have wrote things for other people in my life, Like best mom, or Special person, but have never been selfish enough to write something for myself. Until now.


You see my munchkins have outgrown the crib and toddler bed, so their beds are crib mattresses laid on the floor. Of course most of the time they do not even sleep in their room, but if I ever get to the point of them sleeping in there it would have been so nice for them to have real beds, off the cold floor, with special bedding and a special night light. That could be all it took to entice them to sleep in their room.


The holiday blah's are getting so bad, that I have not had much interest in anything. Which is not good, since I have DVS afghans to complete, so that someone else does not go without for Christmas. I have managed to make 4 bet blankets. I am going to get busy on a cardigan and a few other things for my little man for his birthday (12-17) He will at least get something from us, and he will not know the difference. He loves his cardigan I made him, so he will hopefully like whatever I manage to make him for his Birthday. Then I will see what I can make for them both for Christmas. I already told my family that there will no Christmas from us this year. There will be one "thing" that will have a problem with that, but you know what, that is life, and she will just have to deal with it. I could make the kids something, but there is not really anything I could make a teenager, so I will not make for some and leave out others.


Jack found a lead on a job in Wyoming. It is in Rock Spring. The company would pay to relocate us, with a year contract signed. It would be a way that we could do it, the only way we could. It is for an oil company, as a driver. They have other positions available also and the average salary is 45 to 65 thousand an year. I have been investigating the area, and it is in Sweetwater County. There is lots to do in the area, especially Museum wise. There is a 40 store mall. Tons of eating places. The housing is comparable to here, they supposedly have 4 seasons. Low crime rate. And 2 school districts plus a college. The biggest employment opportunities are with Natural Resources. So we shall see what happens with this..... It is still such a scary thought for me to move, so far away from all of our family, my mother said that they are retired now, so they would come to see us, maybe only 2 times a year, but they would come. If it is meant to be then it will happen. God will lead us the right way and where we need to go. And so far this is it. I just have to remember that.


Well the kids are wanting to go outside and play, so I guess I had better get my butt in gear and see about getting them ready and myself.


Hope everyone has a blessed day.................

6 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

I know this must be hard for you but it does sound like a pretty good place. We have to keep telling ourselves that everything happens for a reason...that's so hard to do and believe sometimes but it does. Just remember that no matter where you go...we (your online friends) are still going to be right here.
Hugs!

Katie O said...

There are reasons for everything. Please let me know what I can do. You were so good to me a few weeks ago. If i had a million dollars, I'd buy you all kinds of crap for christmas!! But alas... I have no million dollars(just trying to make you smile) I might have to come visit if you move out there. I have heard its beautiful and you could make it for a year or two if you had to so DH can get some work experience. God will guide you... I've learned that and had that pounded into my head over the last few weeks... A way will show itself!! Love ya, KT

Anonymous said...

Wendy, Home is where the Heart is and if your home has to change houses, it will be OK. LindaB

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I want you to know how much I LOVE YOU. No matter where life takes us we will always be there for each other.
Keep the Faith for the Holidays... the only ones you ever need to worry about are your 2 precious kids. God Always Provides For Us, Keep The Faith.
Love, Barbara

Wendy said...

Thank you all..........The more I think about it the easier it is getting..I know that it is for the good, it is just so scary to leave all that I know. But we will be alright and as long as we are together we will be fine.....It would be a reason for some people to see a little of the country.....Love ya all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th.