Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Some of what I have been working on

Well I guess they mean it when they say "momma know best" . William came down with a fever last night, of 101.6 and still had it this morning, so I took Brooke to school and called the doctor to get him in. They had an appointment at 1:50. We got there and of course he was not running a temp. And he has not had any other symptoms, except not wanting to really eat. The doctor started to check him out, lungs sounded good, ears look great, now for the fight of looking at the throat.........SCREAMMMMM...Yup there is the problem, he has little white spots on his throat..Pharyngitis. The poor child, just got over an ear infection a couple of weeks ago, now this. This time of year is not good for my little man...In fact it will be a fight until after spring. He gets Bronchiolitis, at least 2 times, he has had this 3 other times and he will probably end up with another ear infection. I mean up until a couple of weeks ago, he had not seen the doctor since April. I guess the more time he can spend outside the better off he is..........



I have lots of pictures of the stuff I have been working on........I have some hat and scarf sets, just hats, scarfs to go with some knitted hats sent by a lady for the DVS. Squares for afghans for a children's hospital in Georgia, and My very first Crochet Along project. It is made in Tan cotton, and I'm not sure what it is we made, but if it is a cloth, it is awfully big. It measures 11 1/2 inches square. I used the size H hook like they called for and I crochet tight, so I can imagine how big some may have turned out. It is going to go to Idaho to be put in a holiday dinner basket. I still have afghans to join, just needed to do some other stuff to rejuvenate myself.





William went to sleep about 8, and so did Brooke. So I took advantage of it and soaked in a nice hot bath. I knew it was too good to last though. Because William woke up at 9:30 and is still awake. I do believe though he is ready to go back to sleep, finally. I feel for the poor little man, he has to be miserable.....But please don't make the momma miserable, also.








Tomorrow I am taking the kids to my Aunt's to get their pictures taken. It has been since before Christmas since they have had them done......So you know what I will be posting if not tomorrow, then the next day....Brooke also has to go to the dentist tomorrow. It is a requirement for her to attend Head Start. To have her teeth checked out before she can start and to keep up with her 6 month check ups. I am glad to do it, because I want her to take better care of hers than I have of mine. So if she is started young then hopefully that will happen.

Well little man is still awake and he is making it really hard to do this, so I guess I will call this post done...........

Have a blessed night/day...................

Follow your dreams to the end of the rainbow

3 comments:

Katie O said...

That stuff looks great!! What great projects!! It all looks great. The hat that Aunt Kathy crocheted from you hat looks great too!! Good job on writing the pattern!!! :) YEA!! Hope you have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

You do awesome work Wendy, so colorful also. Loved looking at it all. I am sorry the little one is ill. Hope there is a fast recovery.

SimplyMe said...

Wendy, so sorry William is sick. That is miserable for both of you! I love the hats and scarves (but I am partial to the green/blue/yellow. Did you just do rows of front loops or back loops or something else. I LOVE that big ole tan square. Very pretty. It wouldn't take too many of those for an afghan, now would it? (hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

I've been subbing for a lady whose 1.5 yo son is fighting who knows what, but everything he has ends up in his lungs. She hasn't slept much since Sunday night, and I feel for both of you (he's in ICU right now......) I could read it in your post and heard it in her voice this afternoon. This whole indoors thing and youngens is just hard.