Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Beanie Style Hat Pattern



Beanie style hat

worsted weight yarn.
size H hook

Ch 4, sl st in first ch to form ring.

Rnd 1- Ch 2, do 11 HDC in ring. Join in top of ch 2 with sl st. (12 Hdc)
(join with slip stitch to top of chain 2 through out. Chain 2 counts as first HDC)
Rnd 2- ch 3, HDC in same stitch. * 2 HDC in next stitch. Repeat from* around. join (24 Hdc)
Rnd 3- Ch 3 , 2 Hdc in next stitch, * 1 HDC in next stitch, 2 HDC in next stitch. Repeat from * around. Join (36 Hdc)
Rnd 4- ch 3, 1 Hdc in next stitch, 2 Hdc in next st. * Hdc in next 2 stitches, 2 Hdc in next stitch. Repeat from * around. Join ( 48 Hdc)
Rnd 5- Ch 3, Hdc in next 2 stitches, 2 Hdc in next st. * Hdc in next 3 stitches, 2 Hdc in next stitch. repeat from * around. Join ( 60 Hdc)
For a toddler/ child size this is were you end your increases......
( Rnd 6 is for adult size only)
Rnd 6- Ch 3, Hdc in next 3 stitches, 2 Hdc in next stitch. * Hdc in next 4 stitches, 2 Hdc in next stitch, repeat from * around. Join ( 72 Hdc.)
Rnd 7- 18- Ch 3, Hdc in each stitch around. join.
I then do 3 rounds of front post HDC and Back Post HDC alternately. Or I do 2 more row of HDC and end off.

4 comments:

Katie O said...

The hat turned out so well!!! very nice!! someday I might try to design something!! yahoo! I was thinking about a visit on Monday... Not sure of schedule, but think about it? I'll come to you, if that's ok...

Anonymous said...

Is this your pattern. It is very attractive. Did I miss what size it is?

pinkangel said...

Love it Wendy You are so gifted. I need a pattern for everything. Hugs.

Wish I could come visit you two.

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy, I got a cute picture of Adam trying to wear this hat pattern, he loves the blue hat, lol. Funny cause he normally won't wear hats but he wore this one around all day and it is of course too big for him, lol.