Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bad Blogger

Here it is the fourth day of October, and I am just blogging for the month. Shame on me. I do have a few excuses, wanna here them......Let's see. Jack came home on Tuesday night, and has to have a note from an eye doctor before he can go back to work....Brooke has had school, and we have had some rough nights getting her to bed to get up in the morning. William had a very bad night last night and was waking up off and on all night crying and screaming.

So today after Brooke got home from school I took them both to the doctors. Yup, mommy knew something was not right for her little man to wake up so much, sure enough his left ear is infected. And yes Brooke was not just saying her nose bothered her and her face hurt, she has a sinus infection. So they are both on antibiotics. Brooke is now 39 inches tall and weighs just short of 35 pounds and William is 33 1/4 inches tall and weighs 28 pounds. He can not stand the doctors office, and will scream bloody murder when even the nurse tries to touch him. It was a chore to get him weighed, measured, and his temp taken. Then Oh my when the doctor wanted to check him. I thought he was going to crawl back in me. We did make it through the exam though and he even gave the doctor a smile (as long as he stayed away from him) Brooke has never been like that with the doctor, and always been a big girl, and even was a super trooper when she had to have blood work done, a few months ago.

Hey I am asking for prayers, that Jacks check is good, so that we can pay rent, get his eyes checked (and probably glasses) and maybe actually have a few extra dollars to put aside for what may come about.

I also need to get Jack to the regular doctors tomorrow, We are thinking that maybe his sugar is off and could be causing his eye problems, especially since he has lost about 50 pounds since the end of July. The kids doctor said it could even be thyroid problems. So again I am asking for prayers that all is well and we are just jumping to conclusions.

I picked about 10 tomatoes from my garden today, so I know there is no way we could eat all them, so I made some tomato juice, for the first time. I got 3 quarts out of it, and will probably put it in the freezer, for future use for chili. I don't have a hot water canner, so I will just freeze it instead and it should be good to go.

I took Brooke to school this morning with a jacket on and she wore a long sleeve shirt, and by the time she got out at noon, I had to change her shirt. It got close to 80 today (if not over) and they are calling for the 80's all weekend, in fact 85 on Saturday and Sunday. I sure wish the weather would make up it's mind. Of course I can remember back in the early 90's having steaks on the grill for Thanksgiving, because it was just my mom, dad and me. BUT then again Halloween usually is a COLD night, even if the rest of the time is not. It never fails have to bundle up just to get through the night.

Well I do believe that little man is ready to go nite nite, He keeps trying to get me to turn off the T.V. and put the lap top down. So I guess I will give in and put him to sleep.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful start to a new month, and sorry I have not been around for a few days.

Have a blessed night/day.........................

2 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Will pray, my dear and it's great to hear from you. May the antibiotics calm things down, may Jack find the root of the problem, may it be an easy fix and Hugs to all!

knottykitty said...

Thanks so much for stopping by,Wendy! Sounds like you are a busy, busy mom! I'm so envious that you have a vegetable garden! I saw a post on one of my fave blogs yesterday that I loved--it was about not having to make excuses for not blogging! If you want to take a look, it's at:
http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com

I think I'm going to use that philosophy from now on! :)