Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Of Gum and Hair

Well my little man got a new "DO" today........He got a "buzz" cut, due to the fact that he got gum in his hair. Not just in his hair but mashed in just about to the scalp.....So there was no just giving him a hair cut..........He actually looks quite cute, but I think older....And every time I look at him, I miss his hair, it was just starting to get little curls in the back.........Oh well it will grow.....He could care less, in fact he sat there like a big boy and just let me do it, now Brooke on the other hand was not very pleased with the process. She was mad that I was getting hair on the floor "making a mess" and was really upset that William got all his hair cut. She is a little better about it by now, in fact she thinks it feels neat and keeps rubbing his head.







I have been working on some chemo hats for a dear friend as a special request for her friend...I have 3 made and am working on number 4. She asked me Friday night if I could do one and I decided I would do at least 4. I am so glad she asked me to do it, since I wanted so badly to do something for her, for all the yarn she has sent me........

Tomorrow is teacher visit day.....I have to vacuum in the morning, and do the dishes, before I go to bed.........Then the house will be good to go.

It has not been a good day today.. The allergies are doing a number on me. I sure am wishing for something to give. But the only thing will be a good frost.

We have had a pretty quiet weekend. My sister did come over on Saturday and spent about 4 hours and had dinner with us. The kids really enjoyed themselves and I do believe she did also. It has been quite awhile since she got to spend some time with them and no other kids or people around. It was nice for me also to have some sister time, even if it was with the kids.

I do believe that little man is about ready to give in and go to sleep. It sure would be nice if the monsters would go to bed by at least 9. But when they don't get up till about 8:30, and take a nap, That is just too much to ask. It does not bother me until the crabbiness starts, then I get fed up and lay it on the line, Bed time NOW........

So I will be getting off here and see to putting him to sleep, and then maybe I will get the dishes done and get back to some crocheting.

Hope everyone has had a blessed weekend...........Until next time.........

5 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Wendy - we are so there with you. I HATED the evening crabbies....wait. Mine are 12 and 14 and I STILL hate the hour before bedtime! Actually, he looks quite nice with his buzz, and I'm thankful it wasn't Brooke. Hope your home visit goes well tomorrow!

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh yeah, I've had that gum haircut too, been there done that.

The hats look great.

Anonymous said...

Your hats are adorable, love the decorations. And the haircut is too cutie.

SimplyMe said...

Wendy!! I miss reading you daily. Hope you are out having lots of fun making memories with those beautiful children of yours!

pinkangel said...

Such is the life of a Mom.........Love ya....Diane