Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, August 20, 2007

Rainy day Monday


It is raining again today. Believe me, I am not complaining. We need it so badly. The grass is actually growing and is green again.

I just can not get over all the tragedies striking so close to home. The bridge collapse, the Miner accident, and now the flooding. I pray for all those affected by all the sadness.

Well I got the Buttons for Brooke's cardigan. She actually let me take a picture of her in it, only because daddy asked her to so I could email it to him so he could see it. Otherwise she was being a little stinker and did not want anything to do with pictures. Of course once we started, she also had to have a picture with Willy.


I have to go out today and get my Project Fresh coupons from WIC. It will be nice to be able to get the kids some fresh veges and fruits besides what is in our garden. As long as the stuff is grown in Michigan we can get $40 worth of them. I believe I have until the end of October to use them up. Last year I only got $20 because William was not one yet and they only give them to you for anyone over one who is on the WIC program. I will probably be trying my hand at solo canning of tomato's in the next week. They are all starting to ripen, and I want to be able to get some canned for the winter months. That will save me some money on can tomato's for spaghetti sauce and chili and of course soup. I even like to put some in a beef roast with green peppers and onions, and then fix rice to poor the juices and veges over.
I have started a scarf for the NY blind school. I want to make at least one. Then I have decided to make cardigans for William, my nephews for Christmas and possibly my cousins 2 daughters.
I made up my mom some double worsted weight cotton coasters (4) and 3 hot pads, yesterday.
She wanted me to make some plastic canvas coasters and I told her I could do better with the cotton and that way she can wash and dry them. I had some Olive green that I did them in. I was wondering what I was going to use it for, it is too thick for wash cloths, But now I think that maybe I will do me some also, because they turned out nice.
Since it is another rainy day, I do not think I will get too much done today. the kids will be too full of energy, since they will not be getting outside. So I will have to help them dispense the energy in safe and constructive ways. Otherwise they will be fighting, climbing and jumping around like a bunch of wild animals. It can be quite comical at times, but tiring. My 9 year old niece one day asked me "how do you do it" I said what do you mean, she said "put up with the noise" I said OH very easily, I just tune it out. "I can't do that, because when I tune people out I get in trouble for not listening" is what she told me. It is like the times that I have told Jack to just ignore Brooke's little outburst and he tells me I can't. I guess it is a mommy thing and I am so glad at times I have that defense, or I would probably have no hair left and be in the loony bin. I learned to do it even before I was a mommy, I use to be a bus aide for Head start in the late 90's and with 20, 3 to 5 year olds, it could get pretty noisy. Thank god the driver was a mom and grandma, and knew that they could not be quiet at all times. We would just make sure they were safe and let them talk and sing all they wanted. Now the yelling was not allowed I could just imagine what that would have been like.
I do believe I am going to get off of here for awhile and get some crocheting done while I can.
Hope everyone is having a blessed day. And Diane, I hope you didn't work too hard, and that your first day back to work was rewarding.
Hug the ones you love......................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis,
You are so talented... Brooke's Cardigan is absolutely beautiful.
I seen it yesterday but today with Brooke wearing it, beautiful is an understatement. I cant wait until you get William's done... he is so handsome and he will look even more so in his Cardigan.
Enjoy your day... God Bless & Protect.
Love, Barbara

SimplyMe said...

Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

pinkangel said...

I love the cardigan and your little Brooke looks so proud to be wearing it. I also want to tell you that tomatos are one of the easiest to can. If you have a canner you will have no problem. And I did have a very good first day back to work...Love ya' Diane