Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cardigan is done.......


I finished Brooke's cardigan this evening. It would have probably been done this afternoon, but it was such a beautiful cool day, that we spent a lot of time outside. Of course the batteries were not charged for the camera, so I did not get any pictures. Too bad, we went for a nice long walk, and saw some bunnies, raccoon, and the most beautiful, big, blue dragonfly. Brooke was just intrigued with the dragonfly, and normally bugs, no matter what kind, cause her to go psycho.

I just love how the cardigan turned out, and Like the cotton so much for it. It will hold up so much better than the acrylic. I just need to get some buttons for it. Out of the quart size container of buttons I have, I could not fine 5 the same. Let alone the color that would look nice with it. So I guess I will be going to Wal-Mart and spending a few bucks on some buttons. Brooke has not seen it done. She crashed and burned on the couch, while eating a donut. It was so funny, she has not done that in years, she wanted the donut so badly and yet the poor baby could not stay awake to finish it. I just hope she got what she had in her mouth swallowed, before she went out. William was not too far behind her, He didn't even come to cuddle, he crawled up on their little POOH couch and was out. He usually has to at least sit next to me before he will go to sleep.
I do believe I will take full advantage of their being asleep (by 9) and go soak in the tub, as a reward for finishing the sweater. I bought some bubble bath at the Dollar Tree, the other day, so I will make lots of bubbles and just relax. It is going to be another night of good sleep. It is nice and cool, which means I get to snuggle under the covers and snooze. I love to snuggle with soft warm blankies, I sleep so much better, and I know that last night the kids slept really well also.
I have a big box of stuff for the DVS, but am waiting until the end of next week to take it. I also have a big box of other donations, just waiting for postage money to get them out. I have baby hats, booties, blankies, sweater sets, cloths, and will have another scarf in the next day. So when I am able to get them out, I will have a little more room on my dresser.
It was like Christmas yesterday morning, I got a box of goodies from a dear friend. It had yarn, needle point, doll heads, stencils, bead angel kits, and so much more. I'm thinking that the bead angels will be a nice addition to my Christmas donations for the DVS.
Well I guess I had better post this and go get my reward for fast work of the cardigan (soak in the tub).
Have a very blessed and joyful day..............The kids and I are going to go to church in the morning and praise God for all of our blessings.

3 comments:

pinkangel said...

Wendy I love the cardigan.. Now that I am sure Brooke has tried it on, has she taken it off yet? ..............You did a wonderful job....... I wish I could have seen her with her donut
Hugs Diane

thesuzvk said...

I love it too! Great job and I know Brooke loves it! Lucky girl!!
Love,
Suz
Love Wins

SimplyMe said...

I love those colors!! Can't wait to see what buttons you find at walmart and see here modeling it here!