The Great MacToday was my "ME" day. I crocheted , relaxed with the kids, took a nap with them and just played lazy. We ate finger foods for lunch and did not eat dinner until 7, because we slept from 4 to 6. We had hamburger patties and angel hair pasta, with cucumbers and tomato's from the garden. We didn't even get dressed until after dinner and only because we wanted to go outside and water the garden. We then of course played in the sandbox, and visited with the landlord.
It is going to be gorgeous sleeping tonight, it is going to get down to 55. I am leaving all the windows open, I have had to keep the house closed up way too much, I love to have them open with a nice breeze blowing in and airing it out.
I am an outside type, love to work in the yard, take long walks and even just sit under the pear tree. My only problem is the heat. Can not deal with that. More so the humidity, can't breath in that. Some times the kids even cooperate enough for me to take my crocheting out with us and I can sit on the glider under the pear tree and see them from all directions of the yard, and crochet. Most of the time though, that is their time and I give them my undivided attention.
I have only one sleeve left to do for Brooke's cardigan. I had forgotten how fast and easy it was to do. I have not even used a whole cone of cotton. That makes me feel better about using it. But it gives me an Idea to make William one also. Of course I would have to make his in a different color, because I don't think he would appreciate being dressed in girly colors. I will have to see how it goes, and I do believe that I will purchase a cone from Wal Mart for his, since all the other cotton was donated from generous group members.
Tomorrow, is back to organization, Barbara is going to come over on Saturday, to help get the kid's room in order. So I need to get the kitchen up to par tomorrow. Then I will only have my room left to do, besides the entry laundry room. I really need to talk to my landlord about putting some shelves or cabinets over my washer and dryer. He had said something about it when we moved in but has been busy and I think he forgot. I am tired of my laundry soap and everything else sitting on my dryer and floor.
I am going to so love having my house in order and not so cluttered. It will especially be nice for the kids to be able to get in their room and play without bringing everything in the living room. I do need to buy a really special night light for the kids, it was promised to them, but have not been able to get it. I want one of those lights that shines stars on the ceiling. Or I should say that is what Brooke saw one time and wanted.
I guess I should get my butt crocheting, it would be nice to have the cardigan done by the end of the weekend, so I can work on some other stuff. I still want to make a scarf for one of my groups, so that will be next on my list.
Have a blessed day.................
2 comments:
Wendy -
I just love reading your blogs and I love the pic of the Mac bridge! It's been since I was small since I was there....I can just barely remember it. I'm enjoying this cooler weather as well. We only got down to about 60 - but it was perfect sleeping! Hope the heat continues to give you a bit of a break. Can't wait to read about all you decide to do! (and I'd like to see a pic of that finished cardigan!!!)
Post a Comment