Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, August 27, 2007

On the Road again



Well Jack is on the road again. He left at 9 this morning. The kids took it pretty well. I don't think he fared as well, I do believe it was hard for him. I did not realize how much I missed him, and now here it goes again. Oh well, it will get easier with time.


After cooking big meals all weekend, it was nice to fix a light, my kind of meal. The kids and I had Chicken breast, steamed; angel hair pasta with Mrs Dash and Butter, and then cucumbers, tomato's and cantaloupe. We had an early dinner because we all fell asleep and slept through lunch. So I will have to fix a little extra for a night time snack.


I finished a hat for William, now I am trying to make him some Mittens. They are not as hard as I thought they would be, but finding what size hook to use so that they fit him, is a problem. I may have to go to another pattern for Child Size, because the preschool/toddler size is not working for him. Of course Brooke has put in her request for a pair also. So She is in luck that I still have some of the yarn I used for her hat and scarf I made her for her Birthday.


I started another hat since I was getting frustrated with the mittens. I am doing it in Cotton Fleece "twilight", it will be sent to a cancer center in Georgia, When I am able to send it, along with some more. It is terrible that there is just not enough of me and more hands to do for all I want to do. I have so many great places I want to help, but I am finding that I have to narrow my field down, at least until I get the Christmas stuff for the DVS done. I am getting a really nice stash of goodies to send and will be so very happy when they get to their new homes and someone is enjoying them. There is no way that I would be able to send all them out at the same time, so I will send a few a week until they have all found their new homes.


I am going to have to be "Handy Momma" in a few. I need to put some child locks on my cupboard that I keep my pots and pans in. I am just a tad bit tired of William commandeering them as toys and leaving them all over the house. So since daddy did not get the hint, I will take care of it myself. Whats new about that. It is usually always up to Momma dear to do it all. Hence the title Domestic Engineer, instead of homemaker or housewife.

Well I do believe I have 2 little munchkins wanting to go outside. So I had better get on the ball and tame the wild beast with an okey dokey.

Hope everyone has had a blessed day and will have a peaceful evening............

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Your son is adorable!! love his little camo hat too.

SimplyMe said...

Yes, Wendy, I agree with Kelly. And with that hat on.....ohhhhhhhhheeeeeee are you going to have a ladies man. What a doll!

I get most of those jobs too. I am about ready to go back to hs (haa haa) and take industrial tech. If I only knew then what I know now (wink)

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
William is truly a ham =) I can see his Momma's devilish look in his face though... everything he wears he sports so well. I am glad you were able to enjoy Jack being home... sometimes no matter how much they bug us we still love & miss them.
What are you doing all weekend... We are open for Sunday,Don took the weekend off. Saturday would be a late day to visit since we have ADT coming out to install the system. If neither of those days work, Nipper and I can come Monday?
I will talk to you tomorrow.
Love Ya, Sweet Dreams & God Bless
Barbara
p.s. kiss the little angels for me1