
Jack is home. He got in at 12:30 a.m. on Friday. Brooke was still awake, so she was very excited and got to spend some quality time cuddling and chatting, while William was sleeping. So when William woke up this morning and he realized who was in the chair, the child went crazy pointing and jabbering at me, like "look who is here". It was so cute to see him get so excited. He amazed me today, the way he wanted daddy, daddy, daddy. He was in his lap every chance he could and did not want him leaving his site. Poor Jack (I think he enjoyed it) would be sitting in his chair and then both kids would be in his lap, then the cats would decide that he had to find a place for them. They missed him too. The bad thing about all the attention and excitement, is that it will be harder to leave, for him.

We had some pretty bad storms in the area and state this evening. When the surrounding counties had tornado warnings, I decided it was time to pack a bag for the kids and head to my moms. Sure enough we were there for about 1/2 an hour and our county was put under a tornado warning. We did not get much of anything but hard driving rain, but there were areas in the county and state that was hit hard, by both straight line winds and tornado's. We have been very fortunate in this county, this year, this was our first tornado warning. But then again it goes to show, how screwed up our weather has been getting, because the past couple of years the tornado's are coming later in the season, and even going beyond it.

I (with the help of my mother) have finished a 3rd afghan for the DVS. The squares came from an anonymous donater. I think it turned out very nice, and know that one of the ladies at the shelter will love having it for Christmas. I have also posted a picture of 4 of the 6 scarves I have done. I am sending 2 to the NY blind school, and the others will go to the DVS for Christmas.
My anonymous donater also sent me some baby hats, they were pretty plain and she suggested that I doctor them up, so I have been working on that. I am having fun with them and coming up with girlish as well as boyish ways to do them.
The land lord has been really busy doing is "work" he has his own company and does clean up jobs, building repairs, and such. His son has also been working for him, So the grass has not been mowed. So yesterday I did all the trimming with the weed whip, and today Jack spent 3 hours on the riding mower and mowed all the yard for them. They have been so very wonderful and have done so much for us, that when the land lord asked him how much he owed Jack, he told him nothing. I mean when they went out and bought me a coffee pot, because ours broke, they have not kicked us out, because we have not been able to pay August rent yet, How in the world could we even think to ask for anything. We owe them so much, and they have become so much a part of our family. They even call and check on me, when I have not been out and about, to make sure everything is alright and if I need anything. God has truly blessed us with them. We had stopped looking for a place to live, when Jack got laid off in January, because we figured we could not afford to rent, on Unemployment.. Then one day my dad saw the ad for this apartment, we called and came to look at it, And he even gave us the money to move in. So God led us here, and just when the unemployment ran out he led Jack to a job. We are a little behind, but we will get caught up, and I know that God will be there through it all.
Some days I may find it hard to see how blessed I really am....But it does not last and I finally see it. I am sitting here looking at 2 of my blessings as they sleep. They look like 2 little angels totally at peace. They are my reason for everything.
I baked a cake for Jack since his birthday was the 19th. I also fixed him BBQ ribs, potato salad, and corn on the cob for dinner. Tomorrow my mom is fixing dinner, He put in his request for Fried Chicken, so she is going to fix him some.
He has lost about 15 pounds since he has been gone. So I know that as soon as we are able, we are going to have to buy him some new clothes. His belt is even too big, so it is not helping much to keep his pants up.
Well I do believe it is time for me to hit the pillow. My eyes are getting droopy and I can not stop yawning.
Hope everyone has had a blessed day/night.............
1 comment:
Wendy ~ just reading your post filled my heart with love, keep pouring woman, keep pouring, you are amazing. I love the blanket, hats and scarves. Okay, gonna go tear up, that was just too beautiful.
Post a Comment