Life has SO many questions. In one of my groups, we were asked a question "What does this group mean to you?" Sitting there after reading that question (and most of the night) I tried to come up with AN answer, but could not come up with just one. While trying to, I thought of my other group and what it also means to me. My groups are my extended family, they are my "roots" to giving. I love to read about what everyone is doing, and it is a treat when I get to see pictures. It gives me an added "push" when I think that what I am doing is "nothing" It makes me want to do more. Through my groups I have met so many very generous and caring people, They have renewed my faith in Human Kind. I may not have much to give, but I do have my talent to share with those less fortunate than myself, or even in the same place in life. Someone told me one day that they noticed that those that do not have are the ones that give the most. I don't think that is so true. I have proof of that in my bedroom, piled up in boxes and totes. Without those boxes and totes, I would not be able to give, I would be sitting here, feeling useless, lost and wondering what my life was all about. Those boxes and totes are a representation of my "family" and the loving and giving hearts they have.
More questions come to pass in "life". Reading another Blog this morning brought furthur questions to light, on parenthood. Am I being the best Parent I can be. Do I spend enough time with my children. Am I teaching them what they will need to know to make it in this "cruel" world. My life seems to contradict itself. By crocheting to give, am I taking away from my children, or am I reinforcing life lesson's? On the other hand, if I was out of the house working, would I not be away from my children, but while I am crocheting I am here for them if they need me. They do still come first in my life, the more I think about it. No matter what I am doing weather it be crocheting, the computer, or the house, If they need me I am there. No matter what I may be doing, it gets put aside. But the questions still linger and I still second guess myself.
Will I be ready to let them go, when that time comes. Will THEY be ready to let go, when that time comes. Would I have given them the necessary skills, values and ethics they will need when the time comes for them to venture out from under my apron strings, and deal with this "cruel" world. That alone is my job, my children. There can never be too much cuddling, there can never be too much talking or reading or just goofing around.
Questions..........They can be so hard to answer.........But hopefully I can help my children to better answer them by my actions, and love...As my mother has done for me.
1 comment:
You are doing a fantastic job raising your children. This post brought tears to my eyes. Much love Diane
Post a Comment