Boy where has the year gone already. Here it is the first of August already. Of course the weather has already been like August weather here in Michigan. So are we going to have September weather now, Or are we still going to be hot, humid, and no rain???? I guess the answer to that will come.
I found 3 more itty bitty baby pumpkins today, one more, and I am snipping all the other blooms, That way out of 5 I should hopefully at least get 2, one for each kid. It would be nice to get all 5 though.
I have been watching the television about the bridge collapse in Minnesota. How horrible, and terrifying. You can not help but wonder if it was a terrorist action. My prayers will be with all the victims, families, and rescue workers.
I have been doing child size cloths today. They do not take up as much cotton, so the incomplete balls I have will make one. I have 5 done already and they will go to a Domestic Violence Shelter in Florida. I only have a few more to do for my own DVS, and then I will have my 20 a month done. Then the focus will be on making some for some of our other needs in the Loves house. I also am getting an itch to do some "cuddles" I know that they are probably getting neglected, and I want to try to undo that, at least some. I have to remember that I am only one person, and I can not do it all myself, no matter how hard I do try.
I took dinner over to my parents, today. I took homemade spaghetti sauce, cucumbers, green beans for them to have another day (not cooked yet) and two jars of blackberry preserves. My father was surprised that there was enough to make some. I told him that there is still a lot. They are so very earlier this year. Usually not until the end of August. Strawberries were done, at the time they should have just begun. So tell me, what is up with the tomatoes???
They could have been early, but no, they are still not even turning orange. Not even the whitish they turn, before they start to ripen.
Woke up this morning to temps in the high 70's and 100% humidity. Here it is 11:00 p.m. and it is still 78 degrees and 70% humidity. Not the kind of weather this momma likes.
I cleaned out the car after returning from my parents. Brooke and William had made the backseat look like a toy box. In a weeks time they had accumulated 1 -30 gallon garbage bag of toys. I told them they are not allowed to take toys bye bye, unless they bring them back in the house when we get home. Then the trash, oh boy that was not a pretty site either. There was baggies, some empty some still with crackers and other snacks in them, water bottles, paper, paper and more paper. And to top it all off, under the front passenger seat was 5 empty pop bottles, old mail and other various bits of trash. Now mind you, when we go somewhere, I do the driving, and Jack sits in the passenger seat, SO, he should have been the one cleaning up HIS mess, oh no that would be too much like right (of course he is not here to do it, but it should not have been like that to begin with)
Well the kids are nitey nite, and have been since 9, so now that I have posted, I am going to go back to crocheting, in the comfort of my bed, with CMT on the Tele. and see if these puffy feet, unpuff themselves.
1 comment:
You know Wendy it won't be long before I join you and Shelly over on Love's. I just need to unclog my brain, because once I commit, I should be committed, LOL.
Post a Comment