
I have been so busy, that I have missed posting. Boy I have been going through withdrawals. This may say it is Wednesday, but it is still Tuesday for me. I thought it was going to be another night of no posting, but Momma got smart and put the kids in the tub. Nice and toasty warm, to soothe and relax the wildest of beast. It worked too. Not even 30 minutes after they were out, they went nitey nite. YA!!!!! I did not want another replay of last night. Let's see here it was 1 a.m. for William and 2:30 a.m. for Brooke. I did not get a lot done, since I argued and fought with them from midnight on to go to sleep. They had late naps, and I will not let that happen again. If they don't go down by 2 then they are tough out of luck. I will do whatever it takes to keep them awake until after 7 p.m. then if they do fall asleep, they will at least stay asleep all night.
In my absence I did manage to design and crochet 2 bags for the DVS, found a wonderful pattern for an Angel cloth, and made 3 of them, worked on Barbara's afghan, and crocheted 8 cloths. Oh and I cleaned the house, and guess what it is still clean. I decided that before I could settle in for the night, after the kids go to bed, that I have to make sure the dishes are done, the toys are put up, and the dirty clothes make it to the hamper, and not left on the living room floor.

Plus, I need to vacuum more often than once a week, because both of the cats are shedding badly, and I am tired of the hair getting on and in everything. You would think that the daily brushing would take care of that, but nope, no such luck. Hmm I wonder what they would look like shaved. Nope, I really don't need to look like a pincushion from them putting their back claws into me, trying to get away.

I got my Blackberry preserves made, and Yes I did already have some. That night as a matter of fact, I fixed myself a PB&J sandwich. Boy was it good. I need to make one more batch. Then maybe, just maybe, I will try my hand at some grape jam, when the grapes are ready. I'm not to sure if I will be able to pull that one off. I watched and tried to help my Grandmother one time and it is so much work and so very time consuming. She would squeeze hers through cheesecloth, and of course she would be purple for days. I don't know if the kids would let me get that involved in doing something.
I have picked enough green beans from the garden to have on 2 different days. The cucumbers are going crazy, I need to send some more to my mom. We just can't eat them that fast. The tomatoes still are not red not even orange, I am getting so impatient. But then when they start to get ripe, I will be pulling my hair out, with having so many. One plant has at least 30 on it. and I have 6 regular plants, plus one cherry. I just might have to get my moms canner and do tomatoes. I have never done them on my own, but I have helped with the whole process, so I think I can do it. The only way for me to know, is to give it a try. I finally have a little itty bitty baby pumpkin, I sure hope it is not the only one, and that it has time to grow. They would have been further along, but when we transplanted them, they almost died and I had to cut them back. So they are behind now.
Hope everyone has been doing great.....Will try to get back to a schedule again..........TaTa for now............
3 comments:
Thanks for the link to the angel dishcloth and the reminder that I need to click on it and get it saved in my favorites file. So much to do, so little time. I just love hearing about your garden. This yard just doesn't get enough sun to have one, and I'm in withdrawls. Can those cukes darlin'!! Pickles, (dill, bread and butter) and relish. YUMMY! Wish I lived close enough to help you. I have scads of jars and 2 canners that I'd be willing to donate to the project (as well as the work). Glad to see you doing so well. Have you tried the J&J lavender baby wash? Maybe that'd help them relax and go to bed sooner. Just a thought.
Hugs!
Shelly
Hey sweetie.......As always I love reading your blog and am so glad that I started reading when you started writing........A warm bath does it every time.
Lots of Love
Diane
I have made some of these angels before as gifts last Christmas. They are so fun to do and were well received.
Post a Comment