Today Jack came home for the weekend, He will be going back out on Monday. He finished all his orientation and they told him to come home for a couple of days, and then he would be gone for 2 to 3 weeks, depending on how long he wants to stay out. So he said he will be out probably for the whole 3 weeks, That will be where the money is.
I worked in the garden for awhile today, picked enough green beans for dinner and 8 cucumbers. Still no red tomatoes, though. I am getting impatient. It will be a fight between Brooke and I, for the first red one. Last year I planted all cherry tomatoes, and as soon as they turned red (one at a time) she would pick, wipe it off, and eat it. That was her routine when we would go outside, to immediately go to the plants and check for red ones. She never gave anyone else a chance to get them.
Today I also discovered that the Blackberries are RIPE...... There is a TON of them. Just a few days ago when I checked them, there was very few. Boy, did I get my pickin bucket and go to town. I have enough for a batch of freezer preserves. That is my plans for tomorrow. I could have gotten enough for 2 batches, but I was tired of getting scratched and stuck in the bushes and burrs. At one point I was bent over picking, and could not get up. I was calling for Jack "HELP, I'M STUCK" He came to me laughing. "where are you stuck?" "MY HAIR"
I had gotten the burr bush stuck to my head, I mean Really, Stuck. He said that when he got the branch broke off, so that I could stand up, That I looked like the land lords dog, when he was full of burrs. I had forgotten how good fresh blackberries tasted. And how messy they are, my hands are just a little purple. Even after soaking in the tub.
It has been a day for an achy body. I got up this morning and could hardly move, My back hurt so bad, that I could hardly move my legs to walk. I didn't even know if I could sit down, to go to the bathroom. I did manage, but had to call Jack to help me up. Then I was feeding the cats (that is a chore, they walk around your legs meowing and swatting at you the whole time you are opening the can and putting it on their dishes) I then go to bend over to put their dishes down, and can't. "Jack, I could use a little help here" He comes in with the cats trying to knock the dishes out of my hands. "I can't bend over to feed them" (LAUGHING) he takes the dishes and before he got them on the floor the cats had their faces in the plates eating. Boy was I glad he was here, Brooke would have done it for me, but they would have knocked the poor girl down. They act as if they are starving, yet, they get a half a can of food in the morning, and have dry food out all day and night. The little piggy's. I then come in from picking berries and talking with the land lady, and had to have Jack carry William up the stairs, because I had to go up on my butt. (We have 17 stairs to go up) My right knee would not hold me up , let alone William, to climb the stares. I popped 800 mg of Motrin and took a VERY hot bath. I can now move a little better, but am not so sure I want to lay down to go to sleep, I can just see me having to roll out of the bed in the morning, because I can't get up.
It sure is not fun when your body starts getting old, especially when your mind is not. I am going to request a body transplant, not mind, just all new movable parts.
I have so much crocheting to do, that I am going to get this posted and get busy.
Hope everyone has a great weekend....................
2 comments:
Hey Wendy You sure have a very descriptive way with words. I could just picture every trying move. Esp with the briars. Bless you heart. I hope today finds you walking better. Hugs
Wendy, thanks for the smile. Just remember, you are not alone......been there with the stairs and a small one who needs carrying!
~~~~sending you calgon~~~~~
shelly
Post a Comment