Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, July 27, 2007

Much better day (Thursday)

Today was a very good day with the kids. They both took a nap, and William was in bed by 10 and Brooke by 10:30. I thought it was going to be a long night, they at first didn't seem to want to go to bed. I could handle it though, because they were playing together and both climbed in my lap (put down crocheting) and cuddled with me and watched America's Funniest Videos (repeats)

I finished the scarf for Germany today. I made it 7 x 48. So, that should be long enough, it wraps around me nicely. I sure hope whoever receives it, likes it.








Last night I also finished 4 squares for Leslie's comfortghan, in Canada. I put them in the mail this morning, so they should be to their destination by Saturday (Monday at the latest)




My mother called me this afternoon and invited us over for dinner. That was a nice break, especially since I have to learn how to cook again. Cook for 1 Plus 2 Halves to make a meal for 3. Instead of 2 Plus 2 Halves. I made mashed potatoes for dinner last night and had enough for another person, so they went in the fridge, and the kids had them with chicken nuggets for lunch. Neither kid is really a breakfast eater, but I do insist on them having a cup of milk, cereal or granola bar, and some applesauce. They don't consider that breakfast (cereal is breakfast by daddy's standards) now if you let Brooke have her way she would have chicken noodle soup every morning. (I personally like cold pizza for breakfast, when I do eat it, and have leftover pizza to eat)

Jack found out today that he will be making really good money, more than his brother in law, who has been driving over the road for 14 years. The downfall is he is considered an independent contractor, so we will not have health insurance, and have to take care of putting the money away for income taxes. I am going to make some calls tomorrow, and see how I go about the taxes instead of waiting for April. It also looks like he will not be out for as long as first thought, because he will only drive the east coast and Canada. (Diane, even the Florida panhandle is a "go" place) He is really excited about this, and I am so glad, because at first he was really nervous and upset to think he would be gone from the kids for so long. (it didn't matter about me, I'm a big kid and can take care of myself)

I have some cloths to make, and really need to get started on them. Oh before I forget, I think I found a good "thank you" for my generous donaters. I am going to try it out, and see how it looks. But only after I make at least 5 cloths. I bought some hair bands at Family Dollar today, (it is next to Subway, which my sister manages and we went to see her after the P.O. drop) I got 72 for $2.00. I am going to use them and make Scrunchies for the Shelter.

I guess I will end this, and go crawl in the bed and stretch out to crochet. The feet are getting a little puffy, which is not good (too much salt to go with the fresh tomatoes I have been eating).

Happy crafting and God Bless ....................................


1 comment:

SimplyMe said...

Wendy - the squares are great and I love the stitch you did on the scarf. What did you do? Hummm.....yep, somebody named kadezmom is thinking about copying you! (you know imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?) So glad to hear about the money situation and the route. Sound wonderful. The cooking for 1 + 2 halves will come with time. Then, when he comes home, you'll have to relearn all over again. Leftovers and a microwave are good things!

Hugs!