Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, August 13, 2007

I sure need to get my butt in gear

I sure do need to get my butt in gear and get this house organized. It is so very upside down. I am disgusted with myself for letting it get so bad and not even taking care of all, since we moved in in February. There is a lot of "stuff" that is just going out the door and not coming back in. I am at the point that it can go to the dump, just as long as it is GONE.

The kids and I had a great weekend with Barbara and Don. I received a wonderful gift from Barbara and will always treasure it. The only downfalls to the weekend is that William did not sleep very well, and both kids were just a "little" crabby on Sunday. At one point I was ready to spank some butts and load them in the car and go home. It has been a very long time since we had one of those kinds of days......and yesterday was, I think one for the record book. At least they have seen my kids enough to know that, that was not a Normal behavior.

I finished Barbara's afghan, she just loved it, and put it up until they move into the new place. I of course forgot to take a picture of it. I did not finish it until about 2 a.m. Sunday, and then when we got up, I still had a few things to do, before we left. And again of course I forgot to take the camera with me....There was not really any picture moments with the kids anyways with Little Miss Brooke's and Sir William's attitudes.

William is so very silly when it comes to dogs. He loves them, as long as they do not lick him in the face or jump at him. If they do either of those things before he gets to know them then he will "scream" every time they get near him or he even sees them.

I finally got caught up one my emails and blogs..... That is the bad part of being gone from the computer, by the time I get caught up, I have wasted time, but I sure do enjoy going through it all.

I received some lovely stuff in the mail over the weekend, and I have let everyone know that I have received them. The kids even got a little surprise in on of the boxes (yarn for me) and they received some outfits. It was such a sweet and generous surprise. Brooke just loved the one she got and of course, she is insisting on wearing it today.....so....she will be. William is going to look like a little army boy, because I am putting his "camo" on. I will have to get a picture of them in their "gifts from the heart" so that I can send them to their secret admirer and of course post on here.

Now I do believe it is time to get off this computer and get some stuff done, so that I can get some crocheting done..

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and will have a great week............

3 comments:

pinkangel said...

You are an inspiration but I must say that today I don't feel like cleaning...Do I ever.....I am heading to my 'cozy corner'......Love ya Diane

thesuzvk said...

I've been going to get organized for the 31 yrs I've been married. And every time we move I pay the price of trying to sort out stuff.
Wendy, if you come up with a plabn, plz let me in on it! I vow to get organized this time when we move in, IF we ever get settled. Today I get to work in the guest/craft/catch-all room. I'm finding projects I forgot I started.

OH, WELL!!!!

Love,

Suz
Love Wins

Suz

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
Don and I had a wondeful weekend also. William and Brooke cant be perfect all the time... besides I know where Lil Miss Brooke gets her attitude from. SMILE =)
My afghan is so beautiful, this I wont share with Don at all. Ohh and the Preserves, so far every day I have had the Preserves on toast with my P.Butter.
I am so proud of you for starting your process of getting the junk out and getting organized. Your energy level has picked up since Jack went back to work. Though your hands are full with the kids the biggest kid of all is out of your way for a while. Don is taking Sunday off? What are you doing on Saturday? Do you want some help?
I love you... you are my forever brat, sis and friend. GOD BLESSED US so many years ago.
Love, Barbara