Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

They grow too fast

Lets start with telling you that I did not go to bed until after 3 a.m. Was too busy crocheting, and did not want to stop. Finally the eyes won. So I turned off the tv at 3 and went right to sleep. Boy was I sleeping good. That is until the phone rang at 4:15 a.m. At first I thought I was dreaming (of what I'm not sure) then I realized what it was. I grab the phone, it is my mother, She tells me that the bus forgot to pick them up in Imlay City, so they have to drive (really fast)
to Port Huron to catch them there. It is at least a 40 minute drive. She needs me to pick up their vehicle and take it home. Ok I will do that, I'm not about to leave it there. Love you, Bye.
ZZZZzzzzz almost as soon as I hung up I am back to sleep. The phone is ringing again, (it is 4:46 a.m.) Grab for it (d**n) knock over the candle holder, ok got the phone, can't get it out of the case (it is a cell phone) ok got it out, darn it, I dropped the phone, find it in the dark, Hello,
Could you be sure to have the truck in Imlay City by the 19th for when we get home, Oh and by the way we are on the bus. (it is mom again) Ok can do that, sorry about calling so early, no problem mom. Ok love you, bye, Love you too.

I gave strict orders to call me when they got to Vancouver, before they got on the ship, so I would at least know they made it to the ship safely. She called at 2:30p.m. Now I am already missing her, and refuse to call her cell phone.

Had to take Brooke and William in for their renewal for WIC. Little man had to get his heel poked to check his Iron, it was 14 and they said that was very good. Brooke would not let them weigh her, so I had to hold her, and then weigh myself (not what I wanted to do) It was a male nurse and I hated for him (and myself) to see how much I weighed. Brooke is 38 1/2 inches tall and 33 pounds, she is above average for both. William screamed even before the poor man touched him, he was just going to measure his head. He is 33 inches tall and weighs 25 pounds, he is below average for weight and over the 95th percentile for height. It is always nice to know their stats, I keep it all written down in journals I started for them, as soon as I found out I was pregnant. They will always have them, and can laugh at or be mad about what I have written.
I figure this way, even if I'm not around, they will know what went on when.

I do believe it is just about time for these munchkins to go to bed, they slept on the way back from Port Huron, and then some, so I knew it would be another late night for them.

Hope everyone had a productive and blessed day.......Be back tomorrow...........

1 comment:

pinkangel said...

Hey Wendy..........I loved the part about the telephone. Ok I know you didn't, but when you read it from my end, well dear I just had to laugh. You are a natural writer.
Hugs Diane