A sad thing has happened. Yesterday, my neighbor came back home to her abusive husband. I have yet to talk to her, she did talk to Jack, and asked how me and the kids are doing. From what I know, she has left at least 10 other times and has always come back. There are no children between them, he has 3 by someone else and she has 5, by 3 husbands, and the youngest is 13. So that could not be what keeps bringing her back. I do know she is my age and he is 10 years younger. So maybe it is a case of "motherhood" that keeps bringing her back. She told me once that when she is gone she is always wondering what he is doing or where he is. Could it be an obsession with her? Observing them in the past, it is like they both thrive on the "explosive" love, hate relationship. I will talk to her, I will not turn my back, but I do believe that I will tell her that she can not come to me anymore to just tell me what he has done "this time". Now I know why she has said that her family is angry with her (especially her children) and that she has used up all her "help". I can not let myself get involved anymore, I have so much of my own worries at the moment, that it would probably do me in. I do have one thing to thank her for, giving me the idea of the shelter to do for.
I'm praying at every moment that Jack gets a job, and real soon. Not only is our home in jeopardy, but also our marriage. Stress can be such a strain on a relationship.
William is running a temp today, so he is being extra clingy, I think it just might be teething, but we didn't go to church, just in case. The silly kids picked Ramon noodles for breakfast. They did not want anything to do with cereal or eggs. Oh well at least they ate some applesauce also.
Our anniversary is coming up, on the 21st, and Randy Travis is playing at DTE (an outside amphitheater) boy I sure would love to go to that. We saw him 5 years ago at the Michigan State Fair. It was great. We will probably be spending the day at home with the kids (as usual) because no one would watch the kids and there is no money anyways.
A comment made to me one time (by my mother) was that I am capable of taking care of my kids, so that is why when I have been sick (really sick) That she hasn't come to my rescue (like she has for my sister & brother) Sometimes I get the feeling I am too dependable and capable.
Jack is always telling me that everyone takes advantage of me. "When are you going to learn" is what he says. Probably will never learn, because that is just who I am.
Yesterday was a "run" day. We had a lot to do, shopping, oil change, etc. So I didn't do any crocheting, until after the kids were bathed and in bed. It was such a nice day, that we spent a lot of time outside also. William decided he wanted to go for a walk, he led the way and we walked to the back 40. (the farm we live on is 71 acres, no farm animals and only 10 acres of hay planted, but nice and wooded, with lots of trails) I love to walk, and when we lived closer to Lake St Clair, we would go to Metro beach and walk the whole 2 1/2 miles. It was such a peaceful walk, watching the boats coming and going and the people fishing. The wildlife was abundant also.
I am working on a new join for this next afghan for the shelter, it is much faster and will actually be better, because it does not leave such an open area. With the first afghan I had to stitch around every square first, then join rows, then join all the rows together. This one you stitch as you join and you join in groups all together.
I guess I should get my bazooka moving and get some stuff done so that I can crochet.
Everyone have a very blessed day..............
No comments:
Post a Comment