I am learning new things even in my very late 30's. I was winding yarn on my ball winder today, trying to keep the cats and kids from stealing the yarn. Didn't know that if you don't keep tension on the yarn to be wound that you end up with a loose ball, and that the ball you have on the winder will go flying. So I learned something new, keep yarn taught or the ball will fly off.
Went out on the deck this evening to talk to a friend, with these stinkin' cell phones you can't keep a signal in the house, of course I turned the outside light on, big mistake, I swear to God the moth that hit me in the side was almost as big as a bat. Scared the s**t out of me (not really, but close) so I move away from the light, still a problem, I don't know what kind of bug it was but it was "BIG" and did not look very nice, OK IT IS TIME TO GO IN. I finished my phone call standing at the door where the bugs couldn't get me. I am not to freaked out by bugs, but when I don't know what they are or they are BIG, then I have a problem. Now spiders on the other hand, Get out of my way, I don't want anything to do with them. It is not a good thing when the kids are near by, because I don't want to instill my fears on them, So momma is having a heart attack as she is killing the ugly spider because Brooke is totally freaking out. "It's alright Brooke you are bigger than it and it won't hurt you". Ok then why can't I get that through MY head.
I have been making cloths all day, I have got 5 done and one almost done. The one I am working on is Brandy's ripple pattern, I really like it in person, even better than in pictures. Of course I had to pull out the first 4 rows, because I forgot to work in the back loop only, even after she posted the fact. Oh well we live and learn.
Learning is a great thing. No one should ever stop trying to learn something new. In fact they say that the older you get, the more you keep learning, the better chance of not getting Alzheimer's. It is wonderful to have kids, even at such a late age, because they can teach you new things every day. It may not be something you really wanted to learn, but it is learning.
I'm learning how high I have to put my yarn, for instance, so that Sir William can't get it, and of course as he grows that will have to change. Or maybe I will get lucky and he will out grow getting into it. (HA HA)
I'm a bad momma, it was a very lazy day today, the kids and I stayed in our P.J.'s all day, shame on me. They didn't care and I sure was comfortable. Jack couldn't understand though why I changed their p.j's before putting them to bed. DUH they slept in them all night and then played in them all day. I of course took a shower after they went to bed and changed mine also.
I'm the one who does the laundry, so if I change their clothes 3 times a day, so be it. I did use to have a problem that if they got dirty then no matter if we were staying home or not, I changed them, then I decided that if we weren't going anywhere then it didn't matter. But I will not take my kids out in public with dirty clothes, faces, hands, whatever.
Well I guess I should get back to my crocheting, had a productive day and want to continue for at least a little while longer. (Ya sure little my butt, try probably 3 a.m. again)
Have a blessed night or day depending on when you read this.
3 comments:
Wendy, Wendy, Wendy....we sure do keep similar hours. I hear ya with the kids, when mine were small, they lived in the footie pj's in the winter...even going to walmart. Even when they pulled off their boots, their feet were still covered. Those things just ROCK!!! Note to Wendy: turn OFF the light when on the porch on the phone. I'm working on a few 'rags...but I'm dcing them. Love the pattern. Thanks for making it up!
What is wrong with a PJ day. While I have been on vacation I have a lot of those.....Ok I get dressed before hubby comes home.
I think tomorrow may just be another one. LOL
When Kat was little, she lived in warm ups. I have never seen such an active kid, the minute her feet hit the floor in the morning, she was off and running. So when she slept in warm ups, she was dressed until I could grab her long enough to throw some clothes on her. She ran until she literally fell asleep in the middle of something. We had nap time, I read thousands of books to her to get her to sleep and drove thousands of miles to get her to sleep. She wanted to be outside no matter what the weather so when she went flying out the door in the morning to the backyard, at least she was dressed.
And she turned out just great. Most free-spirited person I've ever met. I'm just a little worn out!
Post a Comment