Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Raspberries...............

I think I am through picking raspberries. I love the things and could make myself sick eating them, but when ever I go to pick them Mr William throws a fit and won't stay with his dad. Then of course dad gets an attitude because I am picking berries. I did get another 2 quarts today, so I can make another batch of preserves. Whatever I pick now will be to eat at that moment. Called my father 2 days in a row to come and pick berries, but I guess that was too much to ask. I'm not about to pick them for him.

I got 10 grannies completed for the DVS afghan. I got smart and weaved in all the ends and put the first join round on as I did them. Instead of spending over an hour weaving in ends later. Two more to go and then I can start putting it together. Well actually I think I will make some cloths first, and put another few rows on my friend Barbara's afghan. I've been bad Barbara, I haven't worked on it in 3 days. Don't shoot me sis, ok. I promise it will be done before the leafs change (unless of course they change colors from lack of rain and the heat)

I don't have any pictures to post today. I should have taken some of the raspberry bushes with all those glorious berries on them. Knowing me I will pick more because I can't see them go to waste.

Brooke is not happy with momma. She wanted to go to grandmas to play with "gamma and aunt candy" I didn't feel like going anywhere, it was too hot. She had her backpack all packed with the toys she wanted to take. Little People, bus, plane, walmart and boat. I don't know how she got all that stuff in there.

I hate to argue in front of the kids, but when you are with your spouse 24/7 it is bound to happen, especially with stress. I got so frustrated with his attitude about me picking berries, that I couldn't keep my mouth shut and let him have it. "And you wonder why I won't leave the kids with you and go somewhere?" Then that led to other things and it ended with me picking up William and stomping in the house. He finally came in with Brooke in tow, and we haven't spoken yet. I won't let us go to bed mad, so after the kids go to sleep I will "talk" to him. Not necessarily about what was said earlier but about something. Then that will break the ice and I will be able to sleep.

I think I will finish the last 2 grannies and then go soak in the tub. I ache today, probably from not doing much today. Being too idle causes my body to rebel.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day and stayed cool.

No comments: