Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, December 28, 2020

Writing

 

Writing

I’m really not a writer. I am not good at it… I may be ok at throwing my thoughts down on paper, but when it comes to the real conventions and all that Grammer and punctuation and compounds and stuff…. it has been too many years …too many years of no school life. So why is it that I have to help the kids with their school work…. and the dreaded writing of papers… we have the play scene, or the informational paper. Those I can actually get in to. But the critical response or the descriptive essay….. ugh

So the kids are attending virtual school. William has an IEP for a specific learning disability and speech and language …. he has been getting behind in ELA because he can’t always get with his resource teacher to get the help on his writing assignments… SO here comes mom, because we only have a month left of first semester and we are about 2 weeks behind in ELA …. I have requested some guidance to help him get his paper wrote… I have read both short stories that are science fiction pieces. NOW we have to sit and work on this and get it done, so we can hurry and catch up…which means our Christmas break will be working. But that’s OK, at least he will pass his first semester. Thinking maybe we can even work ahead and maybe finish the semester early, and take a break in January….

I have to fight the urge to not just do the paper myself and save myself a headache…. cause how does that help him….it doesn’t.

With the crazy of COVID and schools being shut down, I can see things won’t be any better next year…and I can see idiots mandating the vaccine for kids to attend school…. so Brooke will be graduating from Lighthouse, and William just may be also. Because this momma is not making them wear masks for over 9 hrs at school, getting a vaccine for a virus that has a 98% survival rate, and not having their education screwed up by the whim of a governor or other officials shutting things down…. it took some time, but we are doing just fine virtually and they are not stressed or frustrated with in person learning.

No comments: