Hello everyone,
I hope you are all doing well and safe .....Was sick, on Christmas day at that, feeling much better but not 100%. The kids and Jack are also sick, and got a call from my mom today (her and my dad went to Maryland) and guess both of them are sick now too....Niece is also, only one good to go right now is my sister...
I am working on a baby blanket to send on to Texas....was hoping to get more done, but seems only one is going to get done by the deadline.
My sister-in-law put in an order for an afghan for her new couch, she wants it in brown, so will have to get enough brown yarn to make it, she wants it big enough to basically fit a Queen size bed.....that way it will go on the back and seat of the couch and protect it some from the dogs.
I was glimpsing at my "talking Crochet" e newsletter, and saw that Annie's Attic has a new book out, "knit 1, Purl 2 in Crochet" sure would like to have that book, but it is $14.95..so that will not be bought anytime soon.
I was finally able to buy my books for my Winter College classes that start the 6th of January. I had to take a book advance of $500, so that means my loan application went through, they just do not have the amount figured out. I also got my grades I got 4.0 in Psychology and computers, 3.5 in Philosophy and Sign Language. So I am very pleased with that. Now my GPA is 3.0....Makes it good for the student loan....
I also found out on Wednesday that I will be getting $25 a month in a gas card for transporting William back and forth to Speech Therapy. That was nice to hear, that will definitely help out.
The kids both have doctor appointments on Tuesday, William for his 4 yr check up and Brooke, she has been having some problems, she keeps complaining of not being able to catch her breath and also her hands and feet are like ice all the time, even with socks on and even after her sitting on her hands.....Jack said that his mom use to be the same way, and there was a name for it and she had to take medication, but he can not remember what it was called....SO we shall see if that is possible with Brooke or what it may be.
Even though we were all sick we manage to have a wonderful Christmas....
I hope you all did also......
Guess this is long enough.....
Take care....
8 comments:
Glad you are taking her to the docs. I too have been exceptionally cold this winter with feet and hands I can't seem to warm up. I spend a lot of time under the covers. I hope it is no more than just a very cold winter.
Sorry you were all under the weather, and glad to here things are improving.
Congrats on the grades, no easy task for sure.
I'm not sure any of us get as much done as we used to with regard to projects and Christmas. I really think we slow down with age a bit.
Hope you get to the bottom of the cold feet and hands, sounds circulation related.
Try the library for the knitting book, the price is right.
Happy New Years, and don't be such a stranger.
Sandy
Just checking in on everyone for delurking week and leaving notes.
Me checking back in to say hi, hoping things are going well. It's cold here, snowy...perfect combination for spending time on the computer and with yarn. But, then there's the laundry to do, errands to run...errrrrrr, want to stay in and get warm.
Sandy
Me again...
Sandy
Haven't heard from you in a while. Hoping school and life is just keeping you busy and everything is ok. (((Hugs)))
I pop in constantly when making my blog rounds; keep looking for updates; but decided to leave you another note even though there isn't one.
Hi, hope things are going well for you.
Sandy
/poke You doing ok? We miss you, now post something Springy! Kiddo's have a happy Easter? Any new knitting? New school stuff? Update update update!!! :-)
Post a Comment