I am feeling pretty good about myself right now....
College is going great....I already have my classes for the Fall semester that starts on Sept. 8th.
I am taking Intro to Philosophy, Psychology of Human Development, Computers a practical approach, and American sign language I.
I have a test in Music appreciation on Monday and also a paper due on Wednesday for that class.
I received a 96% on the first test, so I hope I do as well on this one.
In my Multicultural Interpersonal Communications class I received a 100% on my first oral presentation. Tonight we had 2 tests in that class and I got 80% on one and 100% on the other...
I have a final presentation in that class on August 11th, and it is all done....NOW hopefully I do not get too nervous when time to do it in front of the class.
Have not gotten too much crocheting done in the past few days.....Have started some of the "Swiffer" reusable pads, for a friend....NOW to get them done and in the mail....Maybe I will take tomorrow and do that.
I received my Grant Refund today, so that gave me a little money, so that I could pick up a few items that were desperately needed, for school and personal....and I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch....WalMart had 70 sheet notebooks for 5 cents each, so I picked up 40 of them....Some for the kids to play with and the rest for school, for myself...
I will keep an eye out for more school items going on sale, and hope I have some money to get the items I need, and save some money that way. Also have to get both kids backpacks for school...It is crazy that they are a requirement, especially if you do not have the money to get them and the other supplies they require you to buy for your kids....I mean they even make you supply them with Tissues, and Disinfecting wipes....Crayons, Scissors, pencils, paper, markers, colored pencils, glue and glue sticks, and so many more things, even for Kindergartners....I remember when I went to school, they pretty much supplied everything...BUT not anymore....I just hope I have the money to get Brooke, all that she is suppose to have....William just needs a backpack....
I have all kinds of new items on Etsy, and hopefully someone will see something they like....
William was asleep when I got home from school, he has not been sleeping well, otherwise he would have stayed awake waiting for me...Brooke fell asleep, not too long after I got home...she must have been fighting off sleep, to wait for me....
Well, I guess I should get off here, and maybe do a little crocheting, before it gets too much later...I am SOOO tired, with the tension of knowing I had 2 tests tonight, I did not sleep well last night....
Hope you are all doing well and keeping safe.............
1 comment:
Glad to know things are going well for you, that you're doing well in school, and feeling better.
I don't remember school supplies ever being supplied. Probably depends on the school district. The flip side of that is, my daughter taught 5th grade 2 years in a needy area in Baltimore; when parents don't send kids with supplies, often the teachers buy them with their own money. That was really hard for my daughter, she wasn't even paid a salary; lived on a stipend; but couldn't teach kids who didn't have the supplies they needed. It's a problem. I wish communities had more help for schools instead of building expensive sport facilities. It would help teachers like my daughter, people like yourselves, and ultimately help the kids. Sometimes it seems our priorities are screwy.
Have a great day and good wkend.
Swing by for a visit.
Sandy
Post a Comment