WELL I am on line...My mom decided to go ahead and get Internet, even though it is on the phone line, she also is paying to have the calls still go through, (we just get kicked off line)
I am so not use to dial up, have had hi speed and WiFi for 5 yrs and I tell you it is making it difficult to hurry up and check emails and blogs and other things...BUT I am so happy to be back on line. I will not normally get to go on line til after 9 at night, BUT since my parents are both are taking a nap, and the kids are playing I am going to write this and then not get back on til later. Maybe I can even catch a friend or 2 on line and do a little chatting and catching up.
I have been working on a wedding gift today, my cousin is getting married and the wedding shower is the 19th, and though I will not be attending any of it, because my kids are not allowed, I am still going to send a gift. I laugh at the ones who do not want kids around, even at their shower, and think to myself, what will they do, later when they have kids...BUT then again most these days do not care and look for every chance they can get to get away from their kids. I do not like to go without my kids, I feel that if they are not welcome then neither am I.....
Today was a beautiful Easter day. The sun is shining and it is somewhat warm. We had the kids out earlier to hunt Easter eggs and to play with their bubbles that the Easter bunny brought them. I am so thankful they are young and not greedy, and a little bit of candy and a thing of bubbles made them very happy. Of course my niece got lots of stuff, and they sat there and looked, probably wondering why the Easter bunny brought her so much stuff and not them. BUT not a word was said and they enjoyed what they had.
Dinner was very good, I bought a ham, and stuff to make baked beans and Cole slaw. I also made up some deviled eggs with the ones we colored the other day, My mom made some mashed potatoes and we also had some biscuits, and broccoli. NOW I am stuffed and ready for a nap myself.
I think I will take the kids outside again. Let them enjoy the day, and get some crocheting done outside with them.....Need to get some more stuff made for my Etsy shop also. Have not had any sales, and the car needs gas, and the cats need litter....SO I will have to come up with some good stuff that will hopefully sell.....
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't..........
3 comments:
Parents are the best gift you could receive from Jehovah.
I am so glad so sound so happy, I lived with dial up for years and I think when I move to PA I will have to again but it will be OK,if that is the worst thing in life, then life is GOOD. As for your kids not getting as much, Easter bunnies bring hugs and kisses also and I bet their basket is so full of those that the candy just would not fit. Love is way better than candy! I was told as a kid we have a roof over our heads and food on the table. Everything else is more than my parents could afford and that was fine! So glad that the day was good for you and yours. Love Donna H in NJ
Don't stress too much about the Etsy stuff, it ebbs and flows, $$ gets tight and then BAM you sell a bunch.
((HUGS))
Post a Comment