Life is so short...You do not really think of it, til something happens, either personally or even hearing about something....
I sit here and think of it, because of a very tragic and senseless thing happening....In the city of Roseville...there was a tragic accident that took the lives of 4 people. I actually do not consider it an accident, because it could have been avoided if the lady did not get behind the wheel of her full size van, DRUNK....and end up on the car containing a 19, 15 and two 16 yr old children, kids, young people....Someones babies.....These kids probably never knew what hit them, they were sitting at a red light, in front of the local mall, probably out enjoying the beautiful weather that has finally graced the state of Michigan...
They were just beginning to live their lives....they had so much to learn and do...and now it has all been taken from them....
I am heartbroken for their families....instead of them planning what they will be doing with their children they are planning funerals...and here this lady who carelessly got into her vehicle, is already out of the hospital sustaining not much of anything but bumps and bruises...Sure she is in jail with a 1 million dollar bond, and facing second degree murder charges....I feel that anyone who gets into their car and drives after drinking and then takes the life of an individual should not be charged with second degree murder or manslaughter involuntarily or not, but should be charged with first degree murder....Of course these are just my thoughts.....BUT I have NEVER driven under the influence of anything, but maybe a Tylenol....even if I had one drink I would not get behind the wheel of a vehicle...it is just ignorance and stupidity, taking that kind of chance with not only your life but that of an innocent person, young or old.....I use to get soooo mad at family members growing up, especially the ones that may be in law enforcement, and to watch them drink, then get behind the wheel and drive home...YET if they were working they would not hesitate to take someone to jail, for doing the same thing....
You know the 19 yr old, he was the driver of the vehicle, and he had lost a family member just years ago, to a drunk driver, and here he loses his life the same way....
PLEASE please if you need to have a drink, not saying that is wrong, but please think before you get behind the wheel of a vehicle...THINK of how precious life is and how short it can be...and what may happen......
Hugs the ones you love and PRAY for those you don't............
5 comments:
It is so very sad. I pray all the time for my sweet family.
A week ago a couple miles away this young mother with 5 children was running to the grocery store and left all 5 of her children at home with the husband and got into her SUV and was waiting to pull out of her appt. complex and a drunk man lost control out on the street and ended up hitting her and she died instantly. I have been so heart broken over it. I don't drink and just can't understand people who have no problem getting into a car knowing!
Anyway, Wendy take care and hope you guys find a place soon!
Blessings
So very well said Wendy. I could not agree more.
How tragic! My heart goes out to the family's of those children. Like you I am very against drinking and driving. My pregnant cousin who was in labor on the way to the hospital was killed by a drunk driver.
What a horrible tragedy. My heart also goes out to those families and I will keep them in my prayers today.
*hugs*, love and prayers to your family .
These stories break my heart. Makes me MADD. I wish cars had a sensor that could smell alcohol and shut off engines.
Post a Comment