I have been so busy that the house is a wreck, so today I am trying to get at least the laundry done (No way, just too much to do) I swear that the clothes multiply when dirty. I can do laundry all day long and there still be tons to do....I think that the house uses towels for everything, they are always dirty and I mean not just one or two, but 6 or 8....and the kids clothes, Brooke has this thing about as soon as she walks in the door, whether from school, shopping or anything she strips down to her panties and shirt, so there is pants floating around and socks, then we have to go somewhere and we have to find new ones, because we can't find the ones she has stripped off....SO there is always kids clothes to be done, enough for 4 kids not just 2. I got up at 6:30 a.m. and have already done 3 loads of laundry, and it is only 10:30....and I would say that I still have at least 3 loads to do...WHY do I not learn, and just do laundry EVERY day and not just when it gets piled to the ceiling (not for real but close...)
I got an order to do some double point needles, set of 5 size 10, 10 inches long, so I did them up last night, I stained them pink and waxed them, and they will be going out in the mail today. WELL when I make the needles I have to try them out, do not want to send something that does not work, BUT I do not know how to use double points, so I just did some regular knitting with them and they are good. In the process, though, I really wanted to figure out how to use them, so I went on http://www.knittinghelp.com/ and checked out the video. I then, since I had already packed up the others, had to make myself some double points. I made myself a set of 4 in size 3 and 8, 6 inches long...I sanded them and went from there, and I did it....YES I actually know how to use them, and it looks good. I had tried to use DP's before but the only ones I had were size 8 in aluminum, and the stitches slid right off the needles...BUT with the wood, they do not slip off and I can do it....I had to show Jack and the kids this morning, because for one, my niece said there is no way it can be done...


We did go sledding with the kids on Sunday. It was my dad, Jack, Brooke, William, Rachel (niece) Jacob & Caleb (nephews) and of course myself....we had a blast....it was a perfect day....I even went down on the slide, yes I did say that, and Jack did also.....My only problem was I stopped right in the water puddle at the bottom of the hill, so I got a little wet...BUT had a blast, it has been way tooooo many years since I have done something like that, and the kids loved seeing us "BIG" kids...My dad really enjoyed watching all of us have a great time...he was upset that my mom would not come with us, that she did not even want to see her grandkids having fun. She rather sit in the house in front of the computer....





I gave the dog a hair cut, ended up basically shaving the thing, because he was so matted, I really, really hate the fact that he has the Pomeranian hair and not the Shiatzu hair....of course I then felt bad that he was shivering, even in the house, so I hurried up the other night and made him a sweater. I have one almost done in wool, that I will felt, BUT also been working on a Cotton Fleece stole that was special ordered, so it is a slow go on all projects, especially when the house is so bad and needs some attention.


I told Jack that next we need to shave Patches, I could comb the cat all day long, and he would still shed clumps of white hair, all over the place.....


WELL I do need to get off here, unfortunately I have to go to the post office and then to the store to get some milk and cat food.....I would much rather crawl back in bed...I hate when I have to get up, and not because someone in the house has somewhere to be, but because I have to unlock the door so that my niece can get in, because we have to take her to school and then pick her up, since my parents are out of state, and my sister works....I will be so happy for tomorrow, I can sleep, even if only til 8, it is better than 6:30....
4 comments:
Great sledding pic and excellent jobs on the dpns!!! Wendy's gonna be knitting socks soon folks, WATCH OUT!!!!
Boy you have been busy, love the kids fun shots, the needles are great. The laundry is a bore for everyone. A task that is never ending. Get it done and there is always more. Thankless job.
Oh pink needles... love it!!!!
I hear you Girl about the laundry! It's 10 here and I have a load of the kiddos in the wash right now that I have to go do something with!
;-)
Brooke
Oh love the pink needles!
Post a Comment