Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Brooke's Tangerine Sweater..now just Tangerine Sweater











I finished Brooke's sweater last night. She does not like it, she does not know it was made for her....It will now go to someone else, since she does not like it.....I would not have made it, yet, if I had known she would not like it..she loves the colors, but likes white better, she told me, just like the picture. NOW she does like the Sassy Stripes sweater, and she wants one in those colors...I told her I could make one, but did not have those colors, that was not good enough, it has to be EXACTLY like the picture in the book, or it is not THE sweater.
SO I guess I will put this on Etsy and hopefully some little girl in a size 7/8 will like it....
I used Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Tangerine and Raging Purple. I also used a little bit of the cotton fleece for the flowers and used small buttons for the centers, and added 2 little butterfly buttons.
I love the sweater, maybe if I had pink and white Brooke would too.

6 comments:

JustCindy said...

I'm sorry Brooke doesn't like the sweater I think it is just adorable. I love bright colors! All boys in our family so I drool over the girlie things other's make.

Sandy said...

Kids are always soooooo honest. lol I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it, it's darling.

Updates on the bridge, need folks to read, please and thanks
Sandy

Jennifer Cirka said...

It looks beautiful and you did a wonderful job!! I'm sorry she doesn't like it. :-(

SimplyMe said...

And we wonder where they grey hair comes from!

Ghost said...

So sorry Brooke does not like it. Perhaps a different color or a smaller size might make a difference to her. I remember that when I was a kid that my mom made me some clothes that I just hated. But she put so much work into it and it was mostly because they did not fit right. It is a beautiful sweater and someone will really love it.

Brooke said...

This Brooke likes it! It's so very cute and stylish! You did and amazing job on it and I'm sure spent some good time on it! Love it!

Have a lovely evening Wendy!

;-)