Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, January 29, 2009

New things






















10 inch square for a very special afghan, that I will be joining...the pattern is no longer available online...it was on AOL hometown, which is shut down...it is called "Angels Around the World" and it is fitting considering that squares will be coming from Canada, Great Britian and maybe even Puerto Rico....and of course the U.S.








I have been busy, not necessarily crocheting or knitting....BUT crafting...I forgot how much I love to do other things, to be totally creative with other than yarn....I did find that I will not be painting anytime soon, not unless I come into some money to replace ALL of my acrylic paints, that have been sitting far too long, neglected and unused (even new bottles with the plastic still on them) they have dried up.....BUT I delved into a NEW crafting venture...making knitting needles, and I tell you I had FUN, it was so enjoyable to go shopping for supplies for them and to sit and play around to get the perfect needle...I also used every last one to be sure of their workability...to be sure that the yarn did not snag and glide on the needle...I chose not to varnish them, there is too great of a chance of chipping and peeling, at least from my past experience with ceramic, plaster of paris and wood....SO I chose to wax them, but I tell you it is not an easy task to find beeswax...I finally found some at Home Depot, it is called "Feed-N-Wax" and it also has Carnauba wax and Orange oil in it...As long as these sell I will be getting some more supplies to make even more....














I did get one medicine bag made for the "Good Medicine Project"..and am working on another...







BUT then today I got something in the mail and want to get started on a Sweater for Brooke for her birthday. I am going to make it in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Tangerine....














I have goodies made and ready to list on Etsy....I will be listing all my new items on Sunday February 1st..........That will also be the day I will start my contest to promote my shop...I will post what the prize will be, on that day..It is something HandMade by me, and I hope it is well received....














Our Nephew Justin will be coming over tomorrow....He will be coming to WORK...seems that we have a virus on the desktop, and no matter what I have tried I can not get rid of it, and with all the protection I have on both computer's I do not have the slightest idea of how it got there...SO if anyone gets a thing "AV360" you better get busy real super fast, because once it hits, it even freezes up your "system Restore" so that you can not get rid of it that way....It takes over pretty much everything, and you cannot do anything, not even rescan your computer with your antivirus...so he has downloaded something onto his Flashdrive to bring with him to repeair the desktop......I told Jack that no matter what, or from who, or anything that he is to NEVER EVER open up stuff or download anything...It had to of been him because it seems it was created on January 28th at 2:25 a.m. and he was the only one on there at that time of the morning on that date.........Of course he CHATS and opens pictures and thinks that just opening a picture will do nothing...How many times do I have to tell him otherwise????? That is one reason I have so much protection, but I guess it was NOT good enough....so we will be upping our protection on BOTH computer's...even though he will not be allowed to touch this one...





















I think I am going to get off here, and either finish the second medicine bag, OR start a sweater from my new book....





















Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't...........

6 comments:

pinkangel said...

Hey Wendy I love the sweater that you are going to make for Brooke. She will look darling in it.

BTW I bought the McAfee from walmart for my protection. Dell also recommends it.

Many Hugs and Lots of Love
Diane

Aunt Kathy said...

I am always so scared of viruses.

I meant to tell you the other day the needles look awesome.

SimplyMe said...

Oh, Brooke is going to be so excited about her beautiful new birthday present.

JustCindy said...

Love the block of angels you made. You have been a busy bee. Good luck with knitting needles.

Ghost said...

Wow you are busy these days. Sorry about your paints, dearly love your square, great bag and nice knitting needle venture. Keep up the good work.

Jennifer Cirka said...

Can't wait to see the sweater when you are done!