Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Update on Jack

Jack saw the cardiologist tonight...we found out that it is his Aorta, and that it is almost completely "rusted" shut (the doctors words)........He is looking at open heart surgery before Christmas, maybe as soon as next week....The first of the week he will be getting a heart catherization done, they want to check the extent of the damage, how much pressure there is, and to see if there is any blockage, before they do the valve replacement. He will be in the hospital at least a week, and then it will be at least a 3 month recovery..the first month will be the worse, the doctor said...

I am a little stressed at the moment, but know it is in God's hands......Have to put on the "front" for his sake....he is scared to death, and I can not let him know just how scared I am....to think that I could even wake up in the morning, and he be gone......

At least he did not argue with me today...Yesterday when I was digging us out of the 8 inches of snow, he kept wanting to help and I had to get after him, but tonight he did not say a word, when I told him I would bring in all the groceries, we do have 17 steps to go up and down....


I think I am going to sit here and just reflect and pray, and pray I can get some sleep....

Hope everyone had a blessed day and are warm and safe...

7 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Oh No!!! Well, that at least gives us some time to start praying. Don't worry, PRAY!!!! Right? Easier said than done, I know.

Katie O said...

Well girl you know I love you and am with you all the way... wish i was in mi to help out!!!!! I'll have to come visit soon to help. I love you guys bunches... you have got me through some very tough times and never judged me... Many hugs...

June said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there!

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy you know where I stand on this issue. Once this is all said and done he will feel awesome. Like 10 years younger.

Prayer is always a good place to be.
{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

I am praying too. Seems we are all in your corner. We will be heard.

Scarlet said...

Wendy,

Sending great big warm hugs and know that you are in my prayers daily.

*HUGS*

Sandy said...

Hugs, good vibs and prayers coming your way. Good to take your yarn, it will help you keep your sanity.

Keep us posted as you can.
Sandyhttp://homelessbridge.blogspot.com/