Yes I am stressed.....who would not be....But you know what I figured out. I am stressing more about the "after" than the actual event.
Am I just some selfish person to be thinking about all that I will have to do when Jack gets home from surgery, or is it normal?
I sit here and think I do it all anyways, so what's the difference. Then it hits me, I do not do it all. He does the dishes, vacuuming, garbage, takes Brooke to school, and does the running when I just do not feel like going out. BUT when he gets home I will be doing all that too. I will also be "Nursing" him......
He is grumpy on most days, and from what I hear he will be even more so....SO I will have to really keep the kids occupied and out of his way, so that they do not suffer the brunt of the crabbies. I will have to make sure they do not forget and jump in his lap, and try to keep them quiet when he wants to rest.
I will be running him to appointments while still maintaining our schedule and the kids with school and speech and also me and my need to have more dental work done.
I will have to make sure the house is at least presentable for the company that is sure to come.
I know I need to take care of myself, that I do no one any good if I am down. I have been trying to do that, but my body is just not listening. I hurt, really hurt, I thought that maybe I would wake up and my neck would not be so stiff and I could actually move my arm, but no it hurts even worse.
William still has an awful cough, that we went to the doctors for over a week ago, and that was after he had it for a week, so it is going on now for a little over 3 weeks. How do I get him back to the doctors to see what is going on? I think it is just a sinus or allergy thing, but the poor child is TIRED of all the coughing and I am TIRED of him going through the coughing spells.
I am getting very very crabby. About half way through the day I am done....and just want to be left alone, but with the kids that is just not possible. I told William last night, when we went in the bedroom at 8:30 and he kept saying momma, that momma turned in her badge the minute I sat on the bed, I was off duty, he told me no, and proceeded to pester. That made the grumpies even worse....BUT I kept them under control and just sat there cuddling with him, while watching TV. It was such a relief when he finally fell asleep at 10....
I did get quite a bit of Brooke's afghan done. I gave up on the JAYG method, I just can not concentrate that much right now...So I am joining them the way I joined most of the afghans I made for donation. It is quick, secure, and mindless, and that is what I need right now, if I ever want to get them done by Christmas.
OK this "selfish" person is going to get off this computer and take advantage of the morning children's shows being on, and work some on the afghan....Besides I have rambled on enough...
Hope you all have a blessing filled day...............
3 comments:
Sounds like a lot to deal with but don't stress over it. Take it a step at a time and DO NOT think ahead. Baby steps, one at a time. It is much easier to bear that way. Hope your neck and arm pain goes away.
Wendy it's not going to be as bad as you are thinking. Really. Jack is going to feel really good when he gets home. Worrying about the future is so unfruitful. It's only today you need to be concerned with. Your strength is only good for the day you are in. If you add all the worries form days that aren't here yet you will NOT be able to stand up under all the weight. Trust me, I have been where you are.
Wendy,
I know what you are going through. I had to take over all the work when my husband had a hip replacement. The worst of it was when he suffered from depression. A depressed man is the ugliest kind of man to be around. It will get better, you will persevere. You are a strong woman with a lot of praying extended family. I will be thinking of you and praying for you all.
Post a Comment