Well we were suppose to decorate the tree last night, BUT instead the kids and myself were in bed and sound alseep by 7:30 last night...SO today I will venture out in the cold and wind and get the stuff so that we can have our decorating day today.
My dad's side of the family is getting together today to have Christmas, Jack had wanted to go, first time ever....but I talked him into not going....it is just too much too soon after Thursday and before tuesday. We have 17 steps he has to get down and then back up, then there is about 8 steps at my grandma's to get up and down, it will be very very crowded (Too many people in too small of a house) I think he is a little PO'd at me, but hey I am only looking out for him and in turn all of us....
My dad is making himself a ramp for the back of his truck, I asked why and he informed me that Jack will not be able to do anything for awhile, and if the snow gets too bad for our little snow blower, that he has to have the way to get his tractor or power driven snow blower over here to help me......I cried when he told me that, he really does care, and he knows that I would kill myself doing it, because he taught us not to be afraid of hard work.
I have never been one to sit around and wait for someone else to do what I can....May pay for it with a back ache or such, but gotta do what I gotta do....I to this day have a hard time asking for help...
It is snowing outside right now, the wind is blowing and they say that with the snow blowing visibility could get down to a mile or less and that the wind chills will be 5-10 degrees........I know that waking up this morning was not too fun, it was only 63 degrees in here, they must have turned down the heat, downstairs....I got up turned on the little heater in the living room and turned the oven on and opened the door some...it is now 70 in here and dropping, again....so I guess it is due to the cold outside and I may have to keep the heater on...Jack is already so cold from the 2 blood pressure meds they have him on....he sure loves his afghan though and has it on....
I guess I should get bundled up and go get them decorations, then come in an warm up, and get busy...maybe we will even bake some Christmas cookies today.....
Oh and maybe I should go to the post office, and check the mail. Called my sister and she said she is not going out today......
Hope everyone is having a safe and blessed day and keeping warm.........
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't..............
4 comments:
Sounds like you have a very busy day today. You hang in there and don't be too over protective of Jack. It will anger him if you don't allow him to do anything and also he will become over dependent on you. If he takes steps slowly and does a few a time resting in between he should be fine. I am sure other family members would love to see him. And good for your dad for thinking ahead.
Oh good. Getting a good night's sleep is a good thing. And you have something fun to do to boot.
INCREDIBLE about your dad.
Hooray for dad.
Don't feel bad about going to bed...you need to get your rest. It doesn't really matter when you decorate...just that you do it together. Thank God for Dad looking out for you. I'm so glad to hear that.
Hugs!
Post a Comment