Kids find amusement in the funniest of things. They thought it would be fun to play with the dogs food, placing it in their Mega Blocks and then dumping them into the Little People bus....I decided I really did not want dog food all over the house, so I got them some dry pinto beans instead. I know, not much of a difference. They are having a field day with the beans, having a tea party with them, dumping them into various things and then finding that if they pick something smaller to then dump them into, that they do not fit...It is a good little learning experience as well as some clean play on a cold day.......
When I pulled out the beans, I noticed that I had 4 bags of Pinto Beans...HMMmm I LOVE pinto beans, so I decided to use the rest in the one bag and add another bag to them, cut up some onion, added some Ham seasoning, salt and pepper....Guess what I am having for dinner ?? YUP, Pinto Beans and my canned tomatoes will be my dinner.....I will have to fix the rest of the clan something else, but I sure will be enjoying my beans and maters...........I called my sister and let her know I had put on a BIG pot of beans, and that she can come get her share, later....she, like myself, loves beans, and Mom never cooks them anymore, so I always make sure there is enough for sis and dad when I do them.....
I am working on a kitchen set, finishing up the second dish cloth, then I will be adding that to the Etsy shop, and then I will make the green boucle shawl that was special ordered, due to the ones I have on Etsy.....
Life is beautiful and I have so many things to be thankful for........there are days that I doubt my blessings, then things happen that make me realize just how very blessed I am and how thankful I am to my God.............He knows when it is time for things and is just in time, every time..............
Hope you all have a beautiful and blessing filled day..................
3 comments:
Hey, I love pinto beans too. Been a long time and now I have a taste for them and the weather is perfect. I have some in my cubbard right now so tomorrow that will be our supper too. Thanks for the suggestion. Oh, unless you want to invite me to your house for supper tonight! Just kidding!
mmm I can eat that, well almost... no meat yet. But it does sound good.
I've been making Christmas ornaments all day and watching Christmas TV movies on TV.
Oh I love beans. Nothing better than beans and rice. Yummy. Now I want some. See what you started young lady?????
Glad you are feeling better.
Post a Comment