Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, November 7, 2008

How have you been????

I have been a little under the weather, but what is new about that...It is of course Fall and one of the seasons that does not agree with me.... I was having a little bit of a sinus problem, brought on by the Summer like weather we were having....and since it was so nice, I decided to rake leaves, again. The darn leaf blower is still not working and after Jack and John both thought about tossing it many times, they put it aside and said "I don't know" ..I am getting so tired of the leaves being tracked into the house by the dog and us that I had to at least get the worse of them in the area we spend most of our time. WELL it was so very nice yesterday that I just kept on raking....I did about 1/2 of the yard and Jack helped some. Finally thought my hands said no more, and it was getting close to fixing dinner so I stopped...That little venture cause me great grief....By the time I went to bed I wanted to take my head off....I had such pressure, that my teeth, face, eyes everything above my neck just ached. I knew then that I was going to have to go to the doctors...Sure enough this morning it was even worse. He gave me an antibiotic, antihistamine/decongestant and told me to continue to use my inhaler. Already this evening I was feeling so much better and actually able to eat dinner with out being in pain from my teeth...

I am just about done with Jacks afghan. I was going to finish it up, but set it aside for a few days. The land lady invited me to a craft sale with her next Friday, at the local Nursing home. I still have all the other things I made, but thought that maybe I would make up a few shawls, since it is at the nursing home, and close to Christmas, that maybe a family member would stop by and buy one for one of the residents in the home......I will also take advantage of being there and make a delivery of some items I have here to donate, and that was sent to me for donation.

I still have to join the kids afghans, but once I get them started they will go pretty fast, and at least I have til the 24th to get them done. I also am going to make them a pair of slippers each, and thinking of trying a pair of mittens. You can never have too many pairs of mittens when it comes to kids. Then I have 2 small toys in mind for William, and a couple more outfits for Brooke's Barbi....I got to thinking though, that I do need to get a few things made for William for his Birthday next month. SO the toys and slippers may just be used for that, and if I do not get them replaced by Christmas, I will take the extras of Brooke's and save them for her for her birthday in February. I should have been using my time more wisely or at least using my brains much earlier in the year, instead of waiting so long to get things made for them. BUT I had so many things I wanted to make for charity and then the craft sale......

After the Christmas crafting is done, I want to get back to doing some knitting. I want to get better at it, and also want to try some new things. I want to be able to make more than a cloth or a scarf.....There are some beautiful things out there to knit....

By the way speaking of Christmas Jilly Bean over at The Post-it Place is having another giveaway. The things she has been giving away make for nice presents, even if for yourself (who says you can not get yourself stuff).....SO why not go check it out....

Ok I think I should get back to this shawl. I am making it out of JoAnn's Sensation Rainbow Boucle in Blue....I also have some red and pink that I want to try to get made into some shawls also.....They go very quickly, but only if I get busy....

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your still not feeling better. I am feeling a little better today. I love those leaves in the fall but of course I do not have to rake them. But think of the fun the kids will have with them. I know you feel like you have not accomplished as much as you would like but you have been feeling poorly. I had the same problem. Took me forever to complete the poncho because I just did not feel up to working on it some days. Feel better soon.