It must have been a night of dreams. For the poor kids though it was not good ones.
William woke up jumped into my lap and looked at his pillow like it would eat him up. This was at 12:30 a.m. I was suffering with a terrible head ache which in turn caused a full mouth tooth ache. SO I was not finding it easy to go to sleep. Needless to say it was well after 2 before he finally fell back asleep and I could lay him back down, instead of being on me. Then at 5:00 a.m. this morning Brooke jumps up MOMMA..MOMMA I had a bad dream, I was dreaming that someone hit me. I can barely talk from lack of sleep and try to tell her it is alright that it was just a dream and momma was there. She went on to tell me that she has never had a dream in my bed, "Maybe it is a ghost" she tells me. Momma I am gonna tell daddy that I had a bad dream, and I am gonna tell Marie to....Momma do you think the ghost will be back....The poor child. She insisted on going back to sleep next to me, and as she laid down William in a half awake state wrapped his arm over her and patted her on the back and said Broo (that is what he calls her), they fell back asleep cuddled together.
They may fight like cats and dogs at times, but there is no mistaking the love they have for each other.
We did manage to get to sleep til 8 before the dog jumped on my head and started nibbling my ear, he was quite desperate to go potty. I have no idea why in the world, when Jack stays up so late at night, will not come in the bedroom and take the poor thing potty.....
It is a yucky November morning, all grey and misty....I Love the song "November Rain" by Guns and Roses.... The very first time I heard it was during a part of my life that I am not proud of but a part that helped mold me to the person I am today. Funny about that first time, it was during a cold November rain.....
When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
We've been through this Such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain yeahh..
But lovers always come
And lovers always go
And no one's really sure
Who's lettin' go today
Walking away
If we could take the time
To lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
Then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain
Do you need some time
On your own
Do you need some time
All alone
Everybody needs some time
On their own
Don't you know you need some time
All aloneI know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you
Sometimes I need some time
On my own
Sometimes I need some time
All alone
Everybody needs some time
On their own
Don't you know you need some time
All alone
And when your fears subside
And shadows still remain
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way'
Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Don't ya think that you Need somebody
Don't ya think that you Need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one
Don't ya think that you Need somebody
Don't ya think that you Need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one
Don't ya think that you Need somebody
Don't ya think that you Need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one
Dont ya think that you
Need somebody
Dont ya think that you
Need someone
Everybody needs somebody
(Lyrics to "November Rain" by Guns N Roses)
I never really paid attention to the exact words, only some stuck out at the time, and now that I read it, it was and is a very fitting song...In the cold November rain of my life............
Have a beautiful day...........................
3 comments:
This is probably not the first night sleep you will lose over bad dreams. Take it in your stride and move on from there. All is still well. And yes, the dog needs to go out before everyone goes to bed.
Wendy this post and that song has bought back so many memories for me. This too is one of my favorite songs and groups. Sigh...if only I were that age again and know what I know now.
Everything happens in our life for a reason and yes I believe that you are right, those past experiences have made us the people that we are today and we are better for living and making it through those times in our lives.
Big Hugs to you and the kids.
Well, nightmares are no fun to wake up to...no matter who has them!!!
I'll post more as I progress. I'm not there yet, tho. I just finished a pair of socks for ak. so much yarn, so little time!!!
Post a Comment